Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local news this morning, non bowling but affects us all

Saw this on the local news this morning and it reminded me of how i have been required to work on various electrical things over the years and have received no formal training, safety or otherwise other than being told by AMF to always unplug the machine before working on it and was made aware of lock out tag out procedures but all that got overlooked. I did my own research and have gotten by on my own with no incidents, (maybe a close call or 2) but many times no one gets any safety training and this is a sobering reminder of how dangerous it can be.
    http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Iow...451025293.html
    Charley
    82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
    2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

This is a great story, thank you for sharing!!

Mike
    Mike Wilson
    Bowl-Tech Inc.

Comment

I took the classes for my journeyman electrician at my local community college and one night in industrial safety we watched and listened to nothing but arc flash videos, including some resulting in fatalities. I'm not saying that this guy's story isn't important or he is a moron but he got off light compared to a lot of people who get intimate with an arc flash. The one I linked below is one of the best ones I can find online but the one that really drove it home for me was a guy who burned something like 90% of his body working in a live box in a room that had a gas leak in it and the visceral description of running while on fire and watching his skin sluff off really got to me and the scar tissue made his entire visible body was like the freddy kruger skin and his ears were like melted into his scalp and I mean every hair on his head was still gone years after when he was giving the speech about what had happened. I can't remember his name but I don't think I'll ever forget his story or his face.

This video is about a fatality from and arc flash you have been warned.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfnEuRA7-vo
      When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
      seems like pms were not done in a long time
      and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
      Working...
      X