Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birthday parties safety

had a very close call today was there by myself parent and kids come in late for a party ball stops about 2ft from pins I look up and there is a 5 year old (aprox)all the way down the lane and gets the ball before i knew what was happening. sweep could not have missed his head maybe a foot parent just setting there. 8270s please everyone try to watch these kids. scared the heck out of me thx joe

Re: birthday parties safety

Had something similar but was a todler almost under machine, thank god I was working the counter that day.Parents just sitting there chit chatting.
    Why yes, we wax them everyday!

Comment

Mine was a slow morning sitting on top of lane 2. I was rebuilding a clutch assembly and a little head pokes into the back of the machine looking up at me. He was around 5 or so. Asked me if I had seen his ball. He rolled it down the service aisle and it was lost behind the machines. Parents and desk both clueless.
      Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

can he tie his shoe laces yet? no, well if he sticks his hand in the ball return he might never learn, as its pretty difficult to do it with a STUMP!

Some people think that everywhere is safe for stupid people to run riot, if there kid runs around and bounces off a pool table, they'll be asking where the signs are to point out obsticals, evveryones fault but there own

Comment

I would certainly hope that you or someone else for the center went down to the parents and gave a less-than-polite ass chewing for that incident. That is child neglect/endangerment by any reasonable definition.
          "You can't burn out if you have never been on fire"

Comment

it is a lawsuit etheir way... even if little jhonnys parents knew he shouldnt ... little jhonny is gonna win in court..
            Why yes, we wax them everyday!

Comment

Yup unfortunately people are either too dumb or too naive these days to think about protecting themselves. Especially when its sooooo easy to sue a business these days. The only fix would be to install some sort of plexi glass over the lane and across the house that prevents people from going any further down the lane then they should....hoepfully Josh does not read this....

Comment

I'm never shocked at these stories, but they still leave me dumbfounded. When I was a youngin' and started bowling under parental supervision, I had respect for the equipment and lane courtesy drilled into my head from the get-go. Never bowl when the pinsetter is operating so you don't "break the machine." Watch the foul line. Don't bowl on a lane that's off. Don't stick your hand in the power lift 'cuz you'll lose it. Wait until the balls quit moving on the tray so you don't get your fingers mashed. They put the fear of God into me starting when I was 4 or 5.

And it was cool as hell the night when the center owner showed me the A-2's during mom's league night when I asked.

But idiots abound these days.

Comment

Parenting has changed. When I was a kid, if I was bowling and my parents saw me doing any of these things my parents would yell at me. If I still didn't listen, I would get my shots....but most of the time I listened because the sound of their voice the first time.

Parenting has become a little too soft now adays. Parents don't discipline their children. They let them do watever they want.
                  Nick

Comment

I've had my share of toddlers in this situation and the worse part was the parents thought it was funny them walking down the lane yea it's really funny alright especially when the sweep crushes a toddlers neck then will they be laughing is the ?. a good one I had last year was a girl probably 21-22 decided to go after a ball she got to the masking unit and i had been leaving our shop after my shift luckily I got to her but funny thing was when we got back to the approach she said she was to scared to go any further then the masking unit it was both entertaining and a relief
                    Kegel Certified
                    Brunswick GS Certified

Comment

Had the mother of a couple of youth bowler thought she would help me out and clear a pin in the gutter last Saterday. I looked up just to see her duck under the masking unit grab the pin and toss it down the flat gutter. My heart about stopped expecting to see her get swept into the machine.
                      I was silent as I watched her walk back up the unsupported ball return gutters and met her at the foul line. I then Lost my mind.

Comment

In our house we have signs hanging from the ceiling stating that you shouldn't go past the foul line and if there is a problem to notify the desk, NOBODY abides. What gets me is the parents that laugh when their child passes the foul line and slides across the head, well that is they laugh until the child loses balance and falls. Then they rush out to help little "Johnny" and end up on their backs staring at the ceiling, suddenly it's no longer funny or at least not them. To us it's worth a dip**** under our breath and a shake of the head.
                        Is "it's broken" an acceptable response?

Comment

you need either a klackson or a whistle, something that the whole bowl can here, and set it off when you see someone wandering down the lane.

Nothing like embarassment to stop people in their tracks

Comment

Originally posted by MarkyB
                            you need either a klackson or a whistle, something that the whole bowl can here, and set it off when you see someone wandering down the lane.

Conqueror has an all lane stop function, too bad it doesn't also turn the lights on and the music off.
                            Is "it's broken" an acceptable response?

Comment

our party hostess'es are expected to explain the safety rules BEFORE the machines are turned on and bowling begins.
                              they are expected to explain it the parents as well, because their duties take them away at times (getting pizza and sodas).

the hostess is also expected to act as guest services for the lanes their party is on. proper shoes, machine problems, all that kind of stuff.

but, some parents pay no attention to what their children are doing....
                              if i see that, i stress that while bowling is very safe, its also very dangerous and can be deadly if the rules are not followed completely. and i make a point of saying "if your child goes into one of my machines, he/she isnt coming out alive."

Originally posted by AMF_JEFF
                              it is a lawsuit etheir way... even if little jhonnys parents knew he shouldnt ... little jhonny is gonna win in court..
                              with all the signs we have hung up, it SHOULD be a open and shut case with the opposite result. with the american INjustice system, i wouldnt bet on it.....
                              but, at least we still have freedom of speech. westboro can say those nasty things, i can say some mean and TRUE things outside of the courthouse on a sign too.

Originally posted by MarkyB

i've always wanted a flashing red light, like an old police light, and a buzzer that says "IDIOT".....

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X