X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• safety - man bun

i ware my hair in a man bun is this a safety issue in a amf machine

no way will i cut my man bun because i realy get a lot of chicks

Where I'm from that'd be a safety issue, you'd get beaten up for having a man bun.
    "Party on dude!"

Comment

Originally posted by Presh View Post
      Where I'm from that'd be a safety issue, you'd get beaten up for having a man bun.

Lol yeah same.... I thought there was a section in the 82/70 manual that stated hipsters weren't allowed near machinery lol.

Just kidding.....

in all seriousness though, as long as you have your hair tied up it should be ok, as long as the bun isn't loose. No different from having a female with long hair work on the machines, all is good as long as the hair is firmly tied back.
      AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head View Post
        Lol yeah same.... I thought there was a section in the 82/70 manual that stated hipsters weren't allowed near machinery lol.

Just kidding.....

in all seriousness though, as long as you have your hair tied up it should be ok, as long as the bun isn't loose. No different from having a female with long hair work on the machines, all is good as long as the hair is firmly tied back.
        Pin Head for president! You have the patience of a saint.
        "Party on dude!"

Comment

Originally posted by Presh View Post
          I lol'd @ this!
          On a side note, probably the wrong section to have this thread.
          Is "it's broken" an acceptable response?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaser_of_Pins View Post
            I lol'd @ this!
            On a side note, probably the wrong section to have this thread.

I agree, this is more related to safety than AMF pinspotters cuz I don't think it matters which machines you work on.
            AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Ok, Since this thread unexpectedly derailed, I've pruned the off-topic posts.

Please, can we all act our age and post informative and on-topic info.

To answer the question: My opinion is that despite my dislike for the aesthetics, they are safer than just having long hair tied back. I would feel more comfortable with a mechanic having a bun, than having it only tied back. I don't want to get a call about one of my guys getting scalped because his/her hair wasn't tied appropriately.
              Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
              Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
              Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

is their an apropriate way to tie up a man bun?

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffV View Post
                  is their an apropriate way to tie up a man bun?

I would say in a way that makes the bun tight without any strands on hair loosely hanging out that could be caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga (James) View Post
                    Ok, Since this thread unexpectedly derailed, I've pruned the off-topic posts.

Please, can we all act our age and post informative and on-topic info.

To answer the question: My opinion is that despite my dislike for the aesthetics, they are safer than just having long hair tied back. I would feel more comfortable with a mechanic having a bun, than having it only tied back. I don't want to get a call about one of my guys getting scalped because his/her hair wasn't tied appropriately.
                    Speaking to this point, back in late august I had 2/3 of my hair ripped out because it was tied back tight. The night shift put a ziptie on the distributor drive shaft and didnt tell me. They arent mechanics, just saw something loose and decided it needed to be held down. My hair was about mid back at the time. So yeah, I agree that just having it tied back tight isnt enough.

Comment

i new others has this tissue to i was banned for making ths topic that is why i get a vice on facbook

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffV View Post
                        i new others has this tissue to i was banned for making ths topic that is why i get a vice on facbook
                        Hold up... To clarify, you were not banned for creating this topic. Subsequent posts that were made by you that violated site rules is what led to your suspension. If you would like further clarification you are welcome to PM any of the Admins and we can discuss it if you're unsure why.

You are welcome to share your input Geoff, as long as you adhere to the rules you agreed to when you signed up.
                        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                        Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
                        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

i dont want to pm any amins because thay are mean

Comment

GeoffV, please check your Private Messages.

Thanks

Mike
                            Mike Wilson
                            Bowl-Tech Inc.

Comment

Many long hair from farming moved to usa and burned it on potsto frier not very safety good day

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X