Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheWalkingGeek View Post
    this machine is like the 82-70 series from amf and the gs from bruins-wick combined
    Last edited by PharrMetechs; 06-17-2017, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Quite impressive.
      I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

I have the start of being able to respot pins, and I have the plates in order to score done. Unfortunately things aren't necessarily working yet, but I thought this would be a good midpoint for a progress update.

I'll end up having to make quite a few modifications to the finger drive due to clearance with the 5, 8, and 9 pins (detailed more in the video).

I tried to slow down my movements, but it's still a bit fast in some parts (especially 4 minutes and on). I'll try to be better in the next progress update and hopefully mount my phone.

https://youtu.be/HdsLAlK_UZo
        Last edited by TheWalkingGeek; 07-04-2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Looking good. As for your clearance issues, get used to that. Its gonna happen a lot. Its tough working with half the tolerance of a full size machine without the ability to fully shrink all the parts by half. It requires some unique engineering solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by coasterp View Post
            As for your clearance issues, get used to that. Its gonna happen a lot. Its tough working with half the tolerance of a full size machine without the ability to fully shrink all the parts by half. It requires some unique engineering solutions.
            Not only that, but bolts are also half the size. It took me 3 stores to find bolts small enough, and whenever I put anything in, I suddenly become a contortionist!

Comment

Originally posted by TheWalkingGeek View Post

Not only that, but bolts are also half the size. It took me 3 stores to find bolts small enough, and whenever I put anything in, I suddenly become a contortionist!
              Look for a fastener supplier near you. You can buy boxes of typically 100 screws or nuts for pretty cheap. DO NOT buy from Fasental. They are SUPER expensive. If you need low quantity (3 or 4 of something), Lowes or Home depot should work. They have a decent selection.

Comment

Look for a fastener supplier near you. You can buy boxes of typically 100 screws or nuts for pretty cheap. DO NOT buy from Fasental. They are SUPER expensive. If you need low quantity (3 or 4 of something), Lowes or Home depot should work. They have a decent selection.
                Good to know about that. Unfortunately for the most part I need <10.

Lowes and Home Depot actually didn't sell screws small enough for some of the microswitches, servos, and parts I designed. I ended up going to Ace hardware. They have a much wider selection of smaller screws (M2, M2.5, and wider selections of M3 and #4).

Comment

I just finished the fingers, and they also no longer interfere with setting a new set of pins!

I'm thinking I'm going to work on the distributor next. I have an idea that combines roll over bins with a GS-like distributor to allow for storing 20 pins in the pin stations as opposed to only 10. This will probably take a while to get going though.

Last edited by TheWalkingGeek; 07-07-2017, 04:53 PM.

Comment

How are you planning to actuate these? Also, are you using the head of the pin to hold your table up when doing respot or do you have a stop on the machine that stops it at a desired height?

Comment

How are you planning to actuate these? Also, are you using the head of the pin to hold your table up when doing respot or do you have a stop on the machine that stops it at a desired height?
                      I was thinking of using servos on either side of the back row. There is a metal piece of angle iron in the back the I would connect to. I’m not sure how powerful of servos I need though so that part is on hold until I can figure out how much torque is needed.

I want to eventually have the table held at the respot position. This would make it a tad bit more complicated, but for strikes it would keep the table from crashing down.
                      Last edited by TheWalkingGeek; 07-09-2017, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Nice work! I am looking forward to seeing the table motorized. The re-spot cells sound just like mine when they open up.
                        If it can't be fixed with a hammer, try a bowling pin! They're heavier and more surface area for whacking!

Comment

Originally posted by theultimateandy View Post
                          Nice work! I am looking forward to seeing the table motorized. The re-spot cells sound just like mine when they open up.
                          Thanks!

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A / A2s - Rearwalls

James asked for pics of the rear walls. A mechanics nightmare !!! Going to need to loose some weight before working behind these babies. Note: the Rear Low volt control switch...

Brunswick/Kegel tongs...

Just noticed that Brunswick and Kegel tongs are different where you line them up for timing has anyone noticed this am I missing something?...

C1 Pinout drawing

Finished the C1 drawing.

The base for this came from a drawing made by Felix dated 2006.

Thanks Felix.

If you see any...
                          Working...
                          X