Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He hasn’t been active on bowl tech in almost a year. So I doubt he’ll respond.

Comment

exMech The "package.nw" file has all of the JavaScript's inside it, you can extract it using 7-Zip.

Comment

So I assume the source code is the code that is in Open Score and runs the whole program? If so, how do I “extract” it or get it? I assume that is what I’d have to do to start this whole process.

Comment

I believe most of the source is in the "package.nw" file as mentioned above, the other files didn't really get me anywhere. You will need to download 7-Zip and then extract the file using it.

Comment

Ah. That’s right. Sorry I should’ve read over those again. I’ll try it out and let you know how it goes.

Comment

I downloaded 7-zip. Opened the " package.nw" file. But when I opened it there were more files in that folder and more inside those folders. And I didn't know what to do lol.

Comment

The folder named "js" should have them. A good program to edit them with if you don't already have a program to edit JavaScript's is Notepad++.

Comment

I was able to unzip the file using 7-zip. Doing some additional research I discovered the .nw file is part of a packaging program that allows javascript files to run as a standalone app. So I was able to modify the code to signal when a strike was thrown and when it was standing pins. While I haven't yet had luck recreating the .exe file I was able to run the app from the command line to verify I was able to modify the code. This means success. Even if we can't recreate the .exe file, I can write a program to take it's place.

So now I need to decide the best way to interact with the arduino. I may end up writing another program to interface between the OS2 and the arduino. That's not a big deal I just haven't had time to do that yet. I want to review the code further to see if there may be a better way.

I did find some answers to other questions people asked regarding the handicap function. It appears this was intended but that feature wasn't completed in the release.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. But that’s awesome, thank you. I downloaded 7-zip and had no idea what I was doing to be honest lol. So this is a big help. There is no hurry with this though so don’t put this on your priority list of things to do. But it is much appreciated.
                    And about the handicap thing... thank you for letting me know because the other day I was still looking for where to put it in. So now I don’t have to waste my time looking for that, thanks. Lol.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
                    Working...
                    X