Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenScore II Updates

Hey there Bowltechies,

It has been a while since I've been able to share an update. Between projects blowing up and moving across the country, things have been insane lately! However, I'd always intended to get back to doing some work on OpenScore. It has been over six years since the first release of OpenScore freely to the community, and my how time has flown! I wouldn't have imagined that the software would be as widely used as it is since it was largely an experiment. Even some people have figured out how to use the software to make money, which I find a bit ... uhh... interesting.

I've pooled together a few feature requests submitted by the various users of OpenScore and will lay some of the roadmap out here:
    • Support for infrared ball triggering - this is done and is now available at https://86pixels.com/product/opensco...d-trigger-kit/
    • Support for player handicaps - I know I added a place on the display for handicap, but there is no feature implemented there for it. This shouldn't take a bunch of time to finish.
    • Support for ball 1/ball 2 indicator lamps - I can add this feature onto the infrared trigger kit. I already ordered the first batch of boards but will design it into revision 2. If you want this, let me know and I can make it happen quickly.
    • Support for enhanced pindication/strike/spare animations - This is really just a talent issue. Through contracts I've done over the last two years, I've met quite a few animators and we can finally put this on the roadmap.
    • Support for practice time - This is done and available now at https://86pixels.com/openscore

I recently did a video of the design process of the infrared triggering system, putting the boards together and testing it with the latest version of OpenScore II

Many thanks to Braedan Branneman for keeping the Small Scale Bowling stuff alive and available to the masses. Major thanks to coasterp for continued parts availability and of course the entire Bowltech community. It has been amazing seeing what people have been able to come up with.

For other feature requests, feel free to comment in this thread and I'll be sure to get back to you.

The official OpenScore website/download center is: https://86pixels.com/openscore

It's great to be back!

-- Jimmy

Good to see you back.

Comment

Yes! Great to chat with Jimmy again!! Glad he's back! And yes, thanks Braedan for your awesome videos!! Love watching them!! I have to update my videos soon! Was wondering if sometime many of us could start posting videos (or links to videos) of unusual pinfall shots, such as late messengers etc. Just a thought....Let me know if someone has ideas about this..
      --- SteveJT66

82/70's,kickers,Kegel Kustodian

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
      Working...
      X