Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Scale Lane - Brunswick A2 Style

Hello all! I am starting a project, I am building a half scale bowling lane in my basement, but for the pit end I am going to try to replicate a Brunswick A2 pinsetter. I plan to try to replicate (or have it based off) the Brunswick A2 sliding deck, the pit cushion and curtain system, possibly a shaker board (maybe just the frame I am not sure how I would get it to shake back and forth), and the sweep as well. I feel like incorporating a turret and pin wheel might be too complicated considering it's not going to be automatic. Any tips for building the pinsetter as well as the rest of the lane? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by TheBrunswickBowler View Post
    Hello all! I am starting a project, I am building a half scale bowling lane in my basement, but for the pit end I am going to try to replicate a Brunswick A2 pinsetter. I plan to try to replicate (or have it based off) the Brunswick A2 sliding deck, the pit cushion and curtain system, possibly a shaker board (maybe just the frame I am not sure how I would get it to shake back and forth), and the sweep as well. I feel like incorporating a turret and pin wheel might be too complicated considering it's not going to be automatic. Any tips for building the pinsetter as well as the rest of the lane? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Why would you need the pit mechaincals if you're not going to make the machine fully automatic? It sounds like you just want to build something to spot the pins. If your'e just building this to be semi-automatic I would keep it as simple as possible. Pinsetters are not the simplest machines to build in full size. Making one in miniature is even tougher.

Comment

I agree with Phil. Make something simple. My pinsetter has one moving part. And that’s a tray to release the pins. It’s worked great for me, I would recommend it. If you need some help, let me know.

It’s Braedan Brennaman from YouTube by the way. I know I’ve seen your name before lol

Comment

Originally posted by coasterp View Post

Why would you need the pit mechaincals if you're not going to make the machine fully automatic? It sounds like you just want to build something to spot the pins. If your'e just building this to be semi-automatic I would keep it as simple as possible. Pinsetters are not the simplest machines to build in full size. Making one in miniature is even tougher.
        Yeah that's true, I was just trying to have a different look from other lanes I have seen. I haven't seen A2 replicas before for half scale so I was originally thinking why not try and experiment with it. But I totally understand what you mean. How wide is your lane and gutters? And how about gutter depth?

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by BrennamanLanes View Post
          I agree with Phil. Make something simple. My pinsetter has one moving part. And that’s a tray to release the pins. It’s worked great for me, I would recommend it. If you need some help, let me know.

It’s Braedan Brennaman from YouTube by the way. I know I’ve seen your name before lol
          Awesome thanks Braeden! I will PM you. Great videos btw, very cool!

Comment

Yeah that's true, I was just trying to have a different look from other lanes I have seen. I haven't seen A2 replicas before for half scale so I was originally thinking why not try and experiment with it. But I totally understand what you mean. How wide is your lane and gutters? And how about gutter depth?

​​​​​​
            My lanes are 21" wide. Standard for a half scale lane. My gutters are approx 1.25" deep. Gutters are just under 5" wide.

Comment

Is this you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb1xdkQF_fw

Comment

Yes that is me

Comment

Yes that is me
                  You throw it good.

Comment

You throw it good.
                    Thank you! On a side note I just bought the wood for the foundation of the lane!

Comment

Here’s an update on the mini lane so far
                      https://youtu.be/kVfetkN4--c
                      still a work in progress but it’s coming along really well!

Comment

Here’s an update on the mini lane so far
                        https://youtu.be/kVfetkN4--c
                        still a work in progress but it’s coming along really well!
                        Looking good. Nice job of the cushion.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse