X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Building my own Model Pinsetter

Doug IS alive! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Good to see you around my friend.

(If you're confused...this is the guy who got you the tubeboard measurements) [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    -Kris W

Comment

Oh, It's YOU, Kris! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Glad to see ya! I see you changed your display name...didn't recognize ya for a sec...

Still doin' candlepins?

Comment

Glad to hear you are still here Doug!! Get well soon!! Now, if we could get BowlNut back with us here again......
        Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

lets try this again....

ok since uploadit hates me now...i switched uploaders.

Comment

if this doesnt work ill have to find another uploader..

this is just the begining. im sick right now (maybe the flu again i dunno) so i was in bed all day.

Comment

Pics showed fine this time! Very cool! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
              My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Rep2369

Comment

i have some more...:

these are the pins i use. i got 1 set about 5 months ago. when i decided to build a mini setter i went and picked up 3 more. i got them at a card shop.

Comment

Sharp little bowling set there, I know I always snag em when I see em whereever [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Nice pics too, keep em coming [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow,
                    Thats incredible stuff.
                    Great job!! Get well soon!
                    Daniel Hart
                    Bear, DE

*If its still not working, you need a bigger hammer*

Comment

Oh, It's YOU, Kris!

Glad to see ya! I see you changed your display name...didn't recognize ya for a sec...

Still doin' candlepins?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes Doug but on a very limited basis- every Sunday for three years wore on my nerves- I finally had to sit down and think about why I took the job- it was for fun, and to learn about the machines. The fun was gone- and I decided to approach the owner and give my notice- he was saddened- however I worked a deal out with him that if he needed someone to come out of the bully to fill in I was a phone call away. It was nice going back those few nights I have been called- and the fun is back.

Yeah I changed my name- seems my first week back bowling tenpin this year I had a stubborn stone 8 break a 6 bagger up on me...I mumbled my new handle to myself walking back to the end of the approach and it stuck...
                      -Kris W

Comment

Don't we all hate that stone 8. I remember earlier this season my team had the strike jackpot, they asked me if I wanted to shoot it and I told em "I could hit the pocket with my eyes closed it's just a matter of carry" so they told me to go for it, threw my best ball of the night, stone 8. Cost us a couple hundred bucks, I wasn't a happy camper that night. I guess I jinxed myself by saying what I did :p

Comment

my pinsetter is progressing. this weekend i may go out and buy some material. something for the pit cushion. hope whoever is sick to get well soon.

Comment

Lookee there!

Nice! Proud of ya! An A-2 is a pretty easy thing to make in 1/12th, essentially. The deck layers were done in styrene, pretty much cut out with an X-acto, and drilled out with "hole drillers", and the "moving deck" with the chutes (PVC, cut and painted rust-red) attached with screws and standoffs. It sets pins perfectly to this day.

The frame is made from brass tubing, cut and pinched with pliers, and drilled in the correct places. I had the real machine to work from (Galaxy Lanes in Ft Myers), but my head mech was so bad-tempered, I quit. Luckily I had it finished before that.

Then the AMF 8270. That was daunting, to say the least...but it was finished as well, within two years. They display rather nicely, and are very playable. The 6-foot lane became a pain to my girlfriend (and guests), so I put it away after my fiasco...

Now that my girlfriend is out of the picture (she is now taking care of her ex-husband who is stricken with cancer), and I'm recovering (slowly...heart's not that strong), I'm beginning to "tinker" again.

Don't give up on me yet! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Doug

Comment

Glad to hear you are still here Doug!! Get well soon!! Now, if we could get BowlNut back with us here again......

--------------------
                              LONG LIVE THE 82-30S!
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, I'm alive and also semi-well.
                              Boy, sounds like 2003 really kicked the crap outta some of us here, eh? For me...it brought a heart attack followed by a heart procedure.

Doug, glad to hear you're still on the planet. I've browsed this website from time to time and was getting worried not seeing any posts. I haven't done anything with modeling in a long time and have kinda put everything on the back burner for a while. I did, however, start bowling on a league and am enjoying it (except for the God-awful A-2s this house has...constant stops). AMF bought the house last year and its strange to see AMF stickers over the Brunswick equipment. The first time I saw it, I thought the bloodflow must have stopped above the neck..temporarily. I started with a 178 average and after 19 weeks, am up to a 188. High game/series just last Sunday at 256/632, low game/series 147/464 (REAL off day). Still having a lot of fun, still smoking like a chimney.

Over the summer, I went to Toon30's place twice and to Rick's place outside of Chicago. From various sources, have acquired 2 82-30 tables, (complete); 4 MOD IV masking units (complete); 2 distributors; 2 old-style sweeps; a kicker; 4 chassis; an OLD Sparemaker computer/processor, and 2 newer-style Sparemaker computers/processors, 3 table motors and 3 backend motors, 2 front rollers, 2 rear rollers and various other items, all sitting in a 15'x 5' storage unit. Quite the collection and I can't help but wonder if I'll ever be able to install them for personal use. Also, facing a possible move to Ft. Lauderdale/Miami in a few weeks. LOTS going on for me.

I haven't lost my passion for completing a working miniaturized version of the 82-30 and before I leave this world, will do it. It warms my heart to see that others STILL share the passion.

Good to see all of my buddies here. Please know that I haven't forgotten any of you.
                              And Toons30, you are my brother; you, Clota, Aaron, the 'seniors league,' Jeremy, et. al. are all very important to me. Remember that always.

I'll check-in from time to time.
                              Its great being here; its great to be alive.

All my best,

Bowl Nut
                              Pull my finger

Comment

Hey BowlNut! Excellent hearing from you again. Sorry to hear about your heart troubles, but thank god you seem to be doing well, bowling in league and all! 2003 seemed to be a rough year health wise to say the least, Doug was ill, you had heart problems, I've been sick since mid november (which I still havent returned to work from, I'm at about 90 or 95% now). Man what a rough year, seems we're all doing well tho and it's definately good hearing from you guys once again. Can't wait to see some newer pics when you guys get back at it! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...

Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
                                Working...
                                X