Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG WOW, that is very cool! Great job!

Comment

That is really impressive! Is the sweep made of high impact plastic? That stuff is pretty durable. Looks like you have most of the components working, can't wait to see the fully automatic version and have some balls thrown on it!
      If it can't be fixed with a hammer, try a bowling pin! They're heavier and more surface area for whacking!

Comment

Amazing. I'm not even technically-sound enough to get a wooden manual pinsetter right! LOL Still setting pins by hand These projects are simply amazing, and enjoy following all of your progress. Good luck going forward, your engineering skills are fantastic!

Comment

...and, blast from the past - Posting a quick note to say that this project, while in suspended animation for quite a while, has *not* been abandoned and i've had some time to actually work on it recently. In the last year, a cheap 3D printer became part of my toolset, and I used it to finally make the first prototype spotting cells for my machine. They look promising, and rev 2 is on the design table as I type this. Anyhow, here's a hastily shot video that gets the point across. Hope to have some more progress videos in a much shorter time frame than the last 5 year gap, but, well, no guarantees.

Coasterp - It's been awesome watching your 1/2-scale machine come to completion. In some ways that added just enough activation incentive for me to get back to my own project. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWDz3RHJ32M

Comment

Originally posted by frobzwiththingz View Post
            ...and, blast from the past - Posting a quick note to say that this project, while in suspended animation for quite a while, has *not* been abandoned and i've had some time to actually work on it recently. In the last year, a cheap 3D printer became part of my toolset, and I used it to finally make the first prototype spotting cells for my machine. They look promising, and rev 2 is on the design table as I type this. Anyhow, here's a hastily shot video that gets the point across. Hope to have some more progress videos in a much shorter time frame than the last 5 year gap, but, well, no guarantees.

Coasterp - It's been awesome watching your 1/2-scale machine come to completion. In some ways that added just enough activation incentive for me to get back to my own project. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWDz3RHJ32M
            Thanks for the kind words but on a side note, I've looked at your project with a lot of envy. Love the respot design. Took me a couple of watches to see what was going on. Hopefully you can do another video which shows a little more detail. Also feel free to contact me at kaiserphil@yahoo.com. Would love to chat mini-pinsetters sometime.

Comment

Deck re-assembled and yet more software written. respot cycle mostly works now! does not yet have all the bits wired up to distinguish between strike, spare leave, or respot-out-of-range error yet; that's next. But good progress for today. New and sexy stuff starts at about a minute in.

https://youtu.be/Dq6cdVA8doI

Comment

Originally posted by frobzwiththingz View Post
                Deck re-assembled and yet more software written. respot cycle mostly works now! does not yet have all the bits wired up to distinguish between strike, spare leave, or respot-out-of-range error yet; that's next. But good progress for today. New and sexy stuff starts at about a minute in.

https://youtu.be/Dq6cdVA8doI
                Looking good.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                seems like pms were not done in a long time
                and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                Working...
                X