Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting on a new pinsetter

For those thinking I have given up on the pinsetter, I'M BAAAAACCCKKKKK. I am starting a new thread, as the pinsetter featured in the PK1 thread basically has been torn down as I have started to rebuild it. The new design is so different, that I have decided to rev. it up to the PK2. I have been very busy building more model carnival rides. Here is the latest two: Now that those are done I have had a little time to start work on the pinsetter again. As you will see in the video, while I have retained much of the old machine frame, the look of the pinsetter is going to be much different. I learned a lot from the first machine and am incorporating that knowledge into this machine. While the PK1 was a very simple machine, the PK2 will be even simpler from a mechanical standpoint. The deck has significantly fewer parts compared to the table on the PK1. More updates will be coming as I have things to show but for now, here is the first video:

It looks pretty good so far. I was just looking at YouTube videos of half scale pinsetters and came across your old one which I thought was pretty good. I am getting ready to start building my own half scale lane. While I am not as mechanically inclined as you, I am tempted to try to build my own fully automatic pinsetter. I do have a few skills, but do not assume too much. :-) Anyway, I look forward to checking out your progress...and the carnival rides look nice too. :-)

Comment

Got another quick little update. The re-spots are in and working. Here's the video:

Comment

Great to see you're still working on the machine! (I hope to be able to work on mine this summer also)

It's a little hard to see, but your respot mechanism doesn't appear to be the typical finger design. How does it handle offspots?

I look forward to seeing your sweep mechanism and how you load the pins into the table! (Turret-like or something else?)

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by TheWalkingGeek View Post
          Great to see you're still working on the machine! (I hope to be able to work on mine this summer also)

It's a little hard to see, but your respot mechanism doesn't appear to be the typical finger design. How does it handle offspots?

I look forward to seeing your sweep mechanism and how you load the pins into the table! (Turret-like or something else?)

Adam
          The margin for pins to go off spot is very small. The new design also may place a pin somewhat back on spot. Being as it's mini-bowling, I'm not too concerned if a pin gets moved a little if it had gone off spot. I chose this design because for all the games I bowled using the old design, I never had a pin go off spot. They either fell or stood. The new design is extremely simple compared to the old design. Going with something simpler has proven to be much easier to do. As for loading the pins into the deck, yes, a turret is under design.

Comment

That's interesting that you never had a pin go off spot. It has happened to me numerous times. As for re-spotting, what you have is probably a simpler design. However, from a replication standpoint, I do think that handling off spot is important. But I guess it's all about what you are after and what is important to you.

Comment

I get off spots as well, but it's not very often. CoasterP, if you were to incorporate an automatic sweep reverse system upon detection of an off-spot, I would imagine more often than not any dead wood that remained on the pin deck would probably not interfere with the spare. I would presume that your off spot range would be very limited so an automatic sweep reverse system would be very beneficial. How is the machine detecting standing pins vs. strike cycle?

From what I have read on other threads/ articles, leaving the pin off spot is only a North American thing. Everywhere else the pin must be set in its original spot, but not entirely sure on that one, seeing as how the underworld uses a lot of AMF equipment.
              If it can't be fixed with a hammer, try a bowling pin! They're heavier and more surface area for whacking!

Comment

Originally posted by theultimateandy View Post
                I get off spots as well, but it's not very often. CoasterP, if you were to incorporate an automatic sweep reverse system upon detection of an off-spot, I would imagine more often than not any dead wood that remained on the pin deck would probably not interfere with the spare. I would presume that your off spot range would be very limited so an automatic sweep reverse system would be very beneficial. How is the machine detecting standing pins vs. strike cycle?

From what I have read on other threads/ articles, leaving the pin off spot is only a North American thing. Everywhere else the pin must be set in its original spot, but not entirely sure on that one, seeing as how the underworld uses a lot of AMF equipment.
                Andy,

The machine is detecting pins via a paddle that has a switch built in. If a pin is detected, the switch gets closed and the PLC knows it. If you're not understanding the arrangement, take a look at a GSX. It's basically the same thing. It appears there have also been other pinsetters that have used this arrangement too. As for the automatic sweep reverse for a off spot pin being detected, my machine will have the sweep stop. I will then remove all dead wood and then press a sweep reverse button. If someone wanted the automatic sweep reverse, that could easily be programmed in.

Comment

Wow, great design. I myself get off spots occasionally, probably once ever three or four games or so....it is sporadic. But if it makes it easier and more reliable, that is important too. Can't wait to see further progress!!! We will have to see a video of a whole game, like Andy did!!!!
                  --- SteveJT66

82/70's,kickers,Kegel Kustodian

Comment

Got a little update. I have the parts for the turret partially assembled. Everything seems to be OK with dimensions and alignment. It's been going slower than I would like due to my time being taken up building more carnival rides (they pay for the pinsetter). Here is a video showing the current state of things:

Comment

Nice work. All things lead to the A2 ...

Comment

Originally posted by dhudach View Post
                        Nice work. All things lead to the A2 ...
                        Tried and true! This is a wonderful update, coasterp! I really love the work you've done, and I love those pin cups. The double lazy susan mechanism for the spider and turret assembly is a great simplification of the A2's implementation!

Looking forward to more updates already! Thank you so much for sharing.

Comment

Yes, awesome job!! Can't wait to see it all in action!! We need to see a video of several frames from behind and from the front once everything gets goin'!!!
                          --- SteveJT66

Comment

Originally posted by Stevejt66 View Post
                            Yes, awesome job!! Can't wait to see it all in action!! We need to see a video of several frames from behind and from the front once everything gets goin'!!!
                            Gonna be a while for that but I plan to do a video that shows it all when complete. While not a pinsetter, I did just finish this up for a client. It's actually sitting on the mini-lane, which is part of the problem and why I have not been able to work on it.

Comment

That's pretty cool! You make those from scratch?
                              --- SteveJT66

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X