Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd game not recorded when imported into bls

We have frameworks with vector+ desk/office, this summer we lost hard drive in server and ever since then randomly the 3rd game will not be there in bls. Does not stick to any particular pair or league. the game is stored in the history though, any ideas?

Have you rebooted your systeen includeing cwc

Comment

I also have Frameworx and Vector plus operating system and this has happened here a couple times just over the last couple weeks. Had never seen this before, I'm wondering if the last update has something to do with this.
      For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

From what I can tell, it is a Brunswick issue. I have the same problem at two centers and it's random. It doesn't matter if the lanes time out or are forced off.

Our problems began when we upgraded to BLS 2012 and at the same time we updated to Vector Plus from an earlier version to 2.8.23. Originally, we thought it was BLS, but If you look at your file that BLS Imports you will see the third game is missing in the file, so the Brunswick System is not writing to the file.

In all previous versions of Vector Plus, the import files were located in C:\CM2\Connectivity\CDE but the 2.8.23 upgrade says to change that to c:\CM2\DATABASES\LEAGUE\CDE. I wouldn't think this would be a problem since BLS knows where to import the file from and Brunswick knows where to write to.
        Only Brunswick knows for sure... but they're not talking.
        Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!

Comment

I have not updated vector lately, but I did update the BLS a couple weeks ago and the problem after that as best as I can tell.

Steve

Comment

Do report it to CDE. May or may not be on their end. But they will tell you if they know about it.
            When they changed to vector, did they replace the network wire to the back? Speed and collissions on the 10 base 2 are a known issue wiht the faster machines using TCP/IP and a media converter to use the old Boca hubs. I'd also change the Boca to a new network switch instead of the hub.
            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

3rd game not recorded in bls

Originally posted by Ted View Post
              Do report it to CDE. May or may not be on their end. But they will tell you if they know about it.
              When they changed to vector, did they replace the network wire to the back? Speed and collissions on the 10 base 2 are a known issue wiht the faster machines using TCP/IP and a media converter to use the old Boca hubs. I'd also change the Boca to a new network switch instead of the hub.
              Hi Ted,
              When we installed I upgraded cabling and switches. We had no trouble till after hd failure and image procedure. It is very random and so far no discernible pattern at least to me. I will let cde know and we plan to reinstall a fresh bls when fall season ends. hope your doing well.
              Thanks
              John

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                Speed and collissions on the 10 base 2 are a known issue wiht the faster machines using TCP/IP and a media converter to use the old Boca hubs. I'd also change the Boca to a new network switch instead of the hub.
                I didn't think that Vector Plus was installed with 10 base 2 and the Boca hubs I thought that was only a Centermaster install, our Centermaster had this hardware, but that all got replaced with the Vector Plus updgrade.

Comment

If the front desk was replaced, the original network could still be there. I've seen CenterMaster replacing Command Network and the network to the back remain. Evidenced by the network card in the CenterMaster server - a dual config card - Cat 5 and BNC.

Comment

All of our equipment was replaced and BNC removed. We also updated our Frameworx connsoles to 16mb. This issue did not appear until the Vector Plus 2.8.23 version was installed. Version 2.8.23 is the highest we can go with the Hardware we have, The next version starts at v4.0 I think, I think they might even be up to v5.0.
                    CDE looked at our import files and showed us that the Brunswick system is not writing scores for the 3rd game. as John Dubose said earlier, the problem is random. We also use CDE's BTM Tournament progam which has the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by sbrooks View Post
                      I'm wondering if the last update has something to do with this.
                      What version?

Comment

Sounds like it's settled. There is an issue with Vector and how/when it polls the consoles for scores. Else, the ending game status isn't being recognized consistantly with Vector.

Comment

I doubt if Brunswick would even look into the issue... they are way past that (version wise). It's a random problem, but it's not so bad we can't live with it. It's just a matter of manually entering missing scores.

Comment

If I'm looking at it right we have BLS Version 24.02.23.

Comment

Originally posted by sbrooks View Post
                              If I'm looking at it right we have BLS Version 24.02.23.
                              What version is your Vector Plus? (it's on splash screen when you open the desk program)

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X