Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foul lights

hi...new to bowling center ownership...older 8 lane amf house...foul lights haven't worked in many years and I am told its not worth fixing...
    my first of many questions is, are there usbc rules about foul lights regarding sanctioning of leagues and tournaments? I am hoping to host a few spring and summer tourneys,
    but want to be sure they would be official...also any suggestions for affordable options would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

USBC require that foul lights are in working order.
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

the previous owner insists that somehow we are grandfathered in, due to the age of the place. built in the 50's, and supposedly fully sanctioned the whole time...the lights haven't work since the 70's...what about league vs tourney? could there be a different qualification?

Comment

I Have never heard of grandfathering with regards to sanctioning but other site members may be aware of such.

I have worked in centers built in the 50's and foul lights have been required and operating in those. Does the center pay sanction fees and get a sanction certificate every year from USBC?

Check the USBC rule book, rule number 5. There are procedures in place for centers lacking or with malfunctioning foul equipment.

http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn....17Rulebook.pdf

Mike Wilson
        Bowl-Tech Inc.

Comment

We have removed our old electronic foul lights and replaced them with these. They are much more reliable and approved by the ABC. We now have no more problems with the equipment OR people Fouling. LOL Seriously, Our place was built in the 40's and we have fully operating foul lites which the ABC checks every year when they certify the lanes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	guillotine 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1071291
          Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

UBSC rulebook:

5c. Foul Detection
            A USBC approved automatic foul detecting device must be used, if available. When not available or
            temporarily inoperative, the following procedures shall be used to call fouls:
            1. In tournament play, management shall assign a foul judge or have the official scorers call fouls.
            2. In league play, the opposing team captains shall call fouls or a foul judge shall be appointed.
            Failure to provide for the calling of fouls as specified shall disqualify scores bowled for USBC High
            Score Award consideration
            Last edited by Wookie8662; 03-25-2017, 07:18 PM. Reason: adding additional info

Comment

thanks for the great input! love the guillotine(spelling?) idea...with so many things such as lane and machine repairs to focus on first, the foul lights will have to wait a bit...but I do want them to work...the quotes I got were shocking so far, something tells me I can do something more affordable...for now, unsanctioned tourneys like swiss trios, perhaps...

Comment

I can remember back before computer scoring using a simple IR from the local electronic store combined with a home made PC board. Something like a door chime will work fine, you just need the closing contacts of IR to close a timer circuit that lights a globe. The biggest challenge is getting everything under the foul light cover.

Don't be fooled by marketing, you don't need to spend vast amounts of money on foul lights.

Jon, who is a member of this site could make a simple PC board for you if you can't do yourself.

Good luck

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                seems like pms were not done in a long time
                and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                Working...
                X