Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with ruling

I have a non-sanction league the team that was bowling opposed to the first place team called and said they were not bowling that night.....no explanation except they were at a bar and wanted to watch a basketball tournament game instead of bowling. So, does that team forfeit the games and the first place team win 4 points or is the ruling like bowling a blind team, which for this league it would be -10 pins of each average that is what they have to bowl scratch. I am up in arms on what to do with this one. They are calling a captains meeting to discuss this and vote but with this league I am going to have to mediate and I would like some idea what I am talking about.

Thanks,
    Tina

If they are using rules that a regular sanction league would use there are no forfiets. You have to bowl ave. -10 for each bowler. Why can't the team do a makeup before next week? ( sounds like a lame excuse for not showing up!)

Comment

No free points - exactly as rivmike said - they must bowl withing 10 pins per player of team average to get points

Comment

As they have said before, they usually have to bowl within a certain amount of their averages. I have leagues that are 10 or 20 pins per bowler.

As far as them calling in, it may be lame, but most of my leagues say you have to call in. Your reason does not matter. The league does not need a doctor's excuse because you missed bowling.

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
          If they are using rules that a regular sanction league would use there are no forfiets. You have to bowl ave. -10 for each bowler. Why can't the team do a makeup before next week? ( sounds like a lame excuse for not showing up!)
          In one center that I can remember, that was a house rule that was written into league rules. The absent team had one week to bowl their make-up games. If they didn't comply with the rules, the games were forfeited, no matter what the opposing team shot. The technicality was that, if the scheduled team didn't hit their averages within 10 pins, the points were lost (not awarded to anyone else).

Comment

Yes Tom, that is the rule. Even it a team doesn't field a full team, there are no win/losses awarded for free. I believe that USBC only allows makeups for State and National tourny, leagues make their own rules.

Comment

In a non-sanctioned league, I wouldn't think any USBC rules would apply...Let the league decide what to do.
              I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pinfeed View Post
                In a non-sanctioned league, I wouldn't think any USBC rules would apply...Let the league decide what to do.
                Very true; however, the league rules should have been approved by the league members before any bowling started. An "emergency" meeting could be called and attended by all members.

League rules shouldn't be made by a handfull of people, and not on the fly. It doesn't give other members of the league a chance to speak or to vote.

Comment

This is why when people say, what am a getting for my sanction-$17 bucks? There is a lot to it, lane certification,conditions,rules,awards,bonding, etc. Someone has to set the rules before you start or the fighting later WILL cost you bowlers.

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
                    This is why when people say, what am a getting for my sanction-$17 bucks? There is a lot to it, lane certification,conditions,rules,awards,bonding, etc. Someone has to set the rules before you start or the fighting later WILL cost you bowlers.
                    Yuuup. And stress that bonding alone is worth the bucks. If someone absconds with league fees, the USBC bonding will cover the losses. It's insurance against "bad guys." The awards are cool too. Everyone wants something for doing something spectacular, such as an honor score.

The lane certifications and conditions keep an honest game honest; and it gives everyone a level playing field. No one has an advantage over anyone else.

Comment

Print out the league rules. It will be addressed there. Else, they aren't using a standard format for building league rules. Sanctioned or not, If there are no official rules, then you have to say to them it's in their hands as there were no rules adopted. And this is one reason they should have a meeting and decide the rules of the league, sanctioned or not, before they start. Although leadership can be a house platform for the leagues bowling in their center, the income for regularly scheduled bowling sometimes can be a powerful alternative to the structuring that should be standardized.
                      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

$17 for sanction??? I guess my area is the only area paying more...is there anything that can be done about this??

Comment

We pay $20

Comment

Originally posted by inthepits View Post
                            We pay $20
                            So do we. I believe that $11 goes to the USBC and the remainder stays in the local association.

Comment

I thought the national was $10.00, state like a buck and local the rest. We are in a conservative area, (cheap) $2.50 open bowling, $3.00 beer/ 7.50 pitcher, $1.50 shoe rental etc.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X