Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 for 8 kids lge.

Just wondering if anyone else is doing this by USBC.
    It's 8 bucks a week for 8 weeks kid gets plastic ball cost 27 bucks.
    We started are lge today ages 5-10 little ones used bumpers
    l I can say is holy @#$% was it busy for us 56 kids that never bowled but once maybe.
    We loved it though think of the after effects this could have.
    Just surprised at the amount of kids 14 lane center.Start at 3:30 finished at 5:00 clean lanes for womens lge. at 6 WOW
    They bowl 2 games

Scott

I am not running it.

You cannot get the kids to bowl until it is bowling season when we would be busy anyway.

At some time you need to make money.

It is hard to break even with this program.

Comment

Our former sales director completely dropped the ball on our youth program. We don't have one!

I'll point our new sales director in that direction to check it out.

PinCup
      We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Comment

King:

We are running this Oct.-1st week of Dec. were making 30 bucks a kid at 50 kids that's 1500 bucks we made.
        We do all are own ball drilling.Plus are candy machine got empty along with the pop machine also some families went to rest. after for pizza.
        I don't understand what your saying.The kids bowl free program is terrible in my sense but this here your making some money plus possibility
        of making more down the line.And it's run by the BPAA not USBC my mistake.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
          King:

We are running this Oct.-1st week of Dec. were making 30 bucks a kid at 50 kids that's 1500 bucks we made.
          We do all are own ball drilling.Plus are candy machine got empty along with the pop machine also some families went to rest. after for pizza.
          I don't understand what your saying.The kids bowl free program is terrible in my sense but this here your making some money plus possibility
          of making more down the line.And it's run by the BPAA not USBC my mistake.

Scott
          It just depends if you have open lanes

We have afternoon leagues every day but Friday

We also have the high school bowling program

This would be viable in the summer for us

Comment

Running ours on Tuesdays...The only day without 4:30 leagues...Filled the place (36)...Great idea to get new bowlers introduced to the sport. After all, the kids are your future adult league bowlers.
            I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

I ran it as doubles last summer. Turned out decent for us, had 28 kids. My only complaint was that last year they got the materials out so late.

My youth leagues run in 10 week sessions and I wanted to done before the first started. I was off by 3 or 4 weeks and couldn't get the kids in. This year, I plan on starting it 9 weeks before my youth leagues start and will try and get them to roll over into those leagues.

I do like that they are doing it with kids and adults, i highly doubt the adult version will go over around here, but you never know!

Comment

We ran a doubles league over the summer I believe 12-14 weeks, all ages I forget the exact cost of bowling but at the end the person could decide to get a new bowling ball (lower-end 30-40 dollar ball off the DC list) or $50 in pro shop credit. Last year we had over half the house running (4 to a lane), and that was with only a littler advertisement... this year is looking even better!
                "wiggle that wire see if it does anything"

Comment

J
                  It's 8 bucks a week for 8 weeks
                  That's $64 per person for the season.
                  kid gets plastic ball cost 27 bucks.
                  That's $37 left over. Assume that lineage is $1 per game X 2 X 8 = $16 per person for the season; or $21 profit per person.
                  56 kids that never bowled but once maybe.
                  That works out to $1176 in profit for an 8 week season; or $147.25 profit per week. Not bad; but it won't pay the rent or the employees.
                  We loved it though think of the after effects this could have.
                  Absolutely correct. The parents will see that the kids are having fun, and want to join in. Then, there's the snack bar/restaurant that would benefit. Once you have the parents hooked, the sky's the limit.

In retail, this would be considered a loss leader. You lower the costs to get people in the door, then up-sell them. In bowling, you push your youth leagues, senior leagues, blacklight bowling, etc. Here are a couple of links to get you going on the right track.
                  http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...t=salesmanship
                  and a little less detailed....
                  http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...t=salesmanship
                  Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                  I am not running it.
                  That's your prerogative. Jerry, no one is forcing you to run anything.
                  You cannot get the kids to bowl until it is bowling season when we would be busy anyway.
                  It's what the realtors call: location, location, location. No one (even me) wants to be indoors when the weather is nice.
                  At some time you need to make money.
                  Certainly. You' re not in business to lose money. However, if it gets people in the door, I would try it.
                  It is hard to break even with this program.
                  Tell that to Wal-Mart. If the promotion gets people in the door, that's better for business. An empty lane is losing money for the company. You still have to pay the employees and pay to keep the lights on.

Jerry, I would enjoy seeing your center. I'll bet that you're not busy from open to close. What's the harm in letting kids use the lanes for a couple of hours a week? Like I mentioned, you won't get rich from this promotion; but, you will get people in the door, and that's what you want.

In this day and age of 600+ channels on cable TV; computers and accessories (MP3 players, etc.); matinee pricing at theaters; even after-school programs, you're in competition for a portion of that money. Besides, you have income from your established leagues that can offset the income you might have used for the promotion.

Jerry, I'm not trying to tell you how to run your business. That decision is yours; however, for those centers that can use the business, it's worth a try. I would even try to get local rock bands to play in my lounge on Friday and Saturday nights (if the city permitted it), just to get people in the door.

Comment

I'm going to stand by what I previously wrote; but, with a caveat or two.

Winter time is usually good for business; but, when the weather turns nice, who wants to be indoors? This would be a great place for an 8 for 8 league. What I would try is staggering the start dates of the league. One year, it could start in May; the next year, it starts in June; and so on. The reason is that you want people in the door. They will spend money for other things besides bowling. And, many pro shops will be busy with bowlers wanting the latest and greatest in new equipment, and get ready for returning to their favorite winter season leagues.

One downside with the 8 for 8 league is that it shouldn't be used year round. The reason is that customers will get used to the lower prices, and wonder if you're cheapening your product. Keep your services high and your product affordable, and your customers will return to enjoy your facilities.

Here's something relatable; although it's about fast food restaurants.....
                    And following McDonald’s, Burger King got aggressive with its menu and launched a limited time offer for a Junior Whopper for $1.29 in February. At the time, Steve Wiborg, head of Burger King’s North America business, said a stronger “value message” will hopefully “drive more customers to Burger King – some of whom will end up ordering higher-priced items once they get there,” according to a Wall Street Journal report. This practice is known in the restaurant industry as a barbell strategy

And...
                    [FONT=Georgia]“In theory, over time if you drive traffic and you take care of customers, and it’s a good product, they will come back and you’ll do well,” says Gordon. But in the short term, the more discounted the products are, the more eroded the brands are in consumers’ eyes. “If you pound away too long on a low price point, it tends to alter a perception over time," Gordon says. "And customers start to ask, what is the real worth or value of this brand or product?”

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/value-menu-too-cheap-174100489.html

There are the pros and cons of an 8 for 8 league. What I'm suggesting is to try it. If it works, great; but, if it doesn't work, let's get back to the drawing board, and try something else.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                    seems like pms were not done in a long time
                    and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                    Working...
                    X