Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pizza? maybe maybe not

Have been checking into putting in a pizza option for our cafe. Not really a fan of serving frozen. I know a couple centers that have the Mean Genes or whatever they call it now. They all tell me their prices are really high for ingredients and they are locked in with a contract. Is anyone happy with their pizza company? let me know if you found a winner. Thanks

Re: pizza? maybe maybe not

were pretty happy with our provide, but its a local ma and pa type place.

we even got them locked into our business league and paying for a team to play.

if you got a good ma and pa place i'd talk with them and forget some big chain place.

although there are some gourmet type frozen pizzas out there i would rather have. namely cali pizza kitchen ones, but most their best flavors are not pepperoni or cheese......

Comment

hey cliff thanks for the input, im a little confused though, you have a local pizza just brought into your center. or are you cooking it there also? Are you getting a discount and using that as your profit or how are you working it? thanks for the help

Comment

We use Frozen Dough (already flattened), thaw it out and then make the pizzas. (we keep a case in the reefer thawing all the time) We are purchasing through US Foods. Our people like it, say it is better than the normal Pizza Delivery.

I prefer to make it by hand (First job was working in a Pizza Parlor on LI back in the early 70s. ) We had a large group one night last week that ordered 30 pizzas. Brought back memories of my teenage years, helping the snack bar staff make the pizza. Even got a pizza oven burn to keep the memory alive.
        Rick's Pro Shop

Comment

We serve frozen pre mades in one of our centers, another we purchased the Perky's package and still another we purchased all the equipmen from Superior Products and buy our pizza crust frozen and then thaw them out and make our own using stuff we purchase from Sysco. We have been changing our crusts still looking for the best combo of crust and sauce... but they are good. customers seemed to enjoy them

The Perky's deal was a real rip off......... never do that again, between the high price for the equipment and the food costs they price you right our of the market unless there isn't another pizza place in town...........

the pre made frozen are "okay" nothing exciting but better than purchasing from some outside pizza place....

Comment

Originally posted by Brady
            hey cliff thanks for the input, im a little confused though, you have a local pizza just brought into your center. or are you cooking it there also? Are you getting a discount and using that as your profit or how are you working it? thanks for the help
            pizza place is a seperate business. they happen to be in the same parking lot, so its hot out of the oven when it arrives. we have one those display spinning racks that keeps it warm, personally id rather have it cold than kept warm for more than an hour or so, but we usually move it quickly, or not at all and feed employees only (at disacount rate).
            we do get a discount rate, but we do some advertising in house for them also for free (rake sign and overhead monitor ad). the league for them is seperate, but its more ads for the place and the team tends to win its league or at least place high in it ( iwas on it last season, we won).
            pizza comes in 8 slices, its a large (14" or so). we do $2 per slice ($1 for emplyees) if we sell a full pizza at full rate we get about $6 profit on it.
            we also use them for our bday parties most time, which we are a pretty popular choice for around here.

the only things we cook in house are hot dogs and dep fryer stuff.

our snack bar is smaller than many ive seen. at best it usually just pays for itself, but it does help keep business in house and hot dogs/pizza go pretty good with another beer at the bar.....

if you got the room though nothing beats in house cooking using quality ingredients. i'd probaly offer individual size and try to keep some of the more common flavors handy. pepperoni or cheese only may be the most common but they grow old quickly..... some people, like me, if its a regular pizza with regular sauce would really perfer some hawaiin over that greasy pepperoni or bland cheese.
            garlic sauces, bbq sauces, they make the best pizza for those with taste IMHO.

Comment

PizzaOvens.com We purchased our used oven from them. $1700.00
              Bought some screens and serving pans from Costco.

We buy our cheese and sauce from cash n carry. Use the cheap sauce and add spices "basil" to flavor to taste. One of our bowlers who must have worked in a Pizza joint at one time, suggested to add some sugar to the sauce. Made a big difference to the taste.

Oh, we buy the frozen dough already to go also.

Good luck!
              What?

Comment

Too much sugar ruins the pizza (IMO) I think the biggest asset to a good pizza is getting quality cheese. Another little tip is a quick brush or drizzle of olive oil over the top right after it comes out of the oven.
                Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Now that I've got pizza on the brain (tyvm whoever started this topic) Here's what makes the ideal pizza for me.

Crust must be thin. Not quite the thin and crispy but less than Pizza hut's hand tossed.

Sauce with plenty of garlic and just a tinge of sweetness.

Cheese of good quality. Mozzarella, provolone and a harder cheese like Parmesan.

Peperoni of good quality, similar to a Genoa salami. Greasy, salty and garlicky.

Pizza cooked well done with the cheese almost turning brown and crispy.

Little drizzle of olive oil over the top right before serving.
                  Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

cheese quality makes or breaks a pizza. use only the finest cheeses and lots of them and its hard to go wrong.

Comment

You are better off making your own!!! Our cost on pizza is less than $2.00/pizza. after that its profit! Plus when you make your own you can cater to the customer better by giving them the topping combination's they want. Also when your cost is that low they can be a great promo for your leagues, when trying to get them to stick around after they are done bowling.

Comment

Originally posted by VBL
                        You are better off making your own!!! Our cost on pizza is less than $2.00/pizza. after that its profit! Plus when you make your own you can cater to the customer better by giving them the topping combination's they want. Also when your cost is that low they can be a great promo for your leagues, when trying to get them to stick around after they are done bowling.
                        AGREED! Don't forget we had to pay someone $7-$10 to make that pizza pie!
                        If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

We are the same way as you can pick up a used oven for a decent price and make all the profit yourself. Add them with birthday party packages and your an instant hit, make everything fresh and you can't keep them away.
                          Drill

David Bolt
                          Champaign, IL
                          USBC Silver Coach
                          IBPSIA BOD
                          IBPSIA Advanced
                          Technical Certified
                          Pro Shops

Comment

We installed a wood fired pizza oven in our new centre and it's taken off! We only open it from 5 on weekdays and from 12 on weekends.

They make everything on site.
                            Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                            Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                            Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
                            Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by felix
                              Originally posted by VBL
                              AGREED! Don't forget we had to pay someone $7-$10 to make that pizza pie!

That's only if they make 1 pizza during the hour and sit on their butt doing nothing else. We didn't have the mass-production line that pizza hut has but when we made pizzas at a deli I worked out you could get it in the oven less than 5 minutes from it being ordered. Add a minute for cutting and you're looking at $1-$2 for labor cost/pizza

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X