Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Outside Food

For Birthday Parties we let the customer bring in a cake, veggie tray and fruit platter and that is it. Now it seems they want to bring in more and argue with the manager that they should be able to do whatever they please. Do you just let them have their way and charge them a $100 party fee for insisting on bringing in food?
    "Well we're safe for now. Thank God we're in a Bowling Center."

Re: No Outside Food

Cake only here. This can be a cookie cup cakes or regular B-day cake. Nothing else, THE ONLY exceptions are if someone has a food allergy. We make this clear when the party is booked and deposit is paid but they will try to get us to allow other food and can get rather nasty when told no.
    For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

No outside food also helps to protect you from someone bringing in pests (bugs) that you do not currently have in the center. The health department issues a license to you becuase, through inspection, they know how clean your facility is. They do not inspect the customers home that is bringing in the outside food. That customer could be bringing something in and create problems for you. We use the health department as our reason for not allowing outside food, and handle everything on a case by case basis.
      Wood Lanes
      ION B
      Infinity Oil

Comment

Cake only as well, the writer above points out once that food is in your center you could be included in an legal action should someone become sick even though you didn't prepare the food

Train your staff to be sure that when the parties (all reservations) are made that they inform the customers that there is no outside food or beverage allowed to be brought into the center

If customers still try to violate the policy we insist that they take the items outside or no lanes will be issued

it is difficult at first but after the initial breakin period the problems becomes less and less

Comment

We too only B-day cake, cup cakes.

Had one party that booked and had told her only cake.....She sends her hubby over to see if we could give them some ice for their cooler for the parties pops. I told him no need...I put ice in the pop cup befor you buy them....he says oh, ok. A few minutes later get a call from the momma...she tells me she cant afford to buy sodas from me... because they had such a good sale on sodas cans at the grocery store......she wanted to just bowl here, but bring in all this stuff.

I almost wanted to tell her to have the party at the grocery store since they such good deals on the soda and snack food......but I held my tongue... she simply said she would have to cancel.......havent seen or heard from her since.
          WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

I have turned business away for all the excuses - NO FOOD UNLESS YOU HAVE A PARTY SCHEDULED!

I had a group walk out during cosmic last Saturday - sorry no cake during cosmic - go elsewhere and take your mess with you!

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
              I have turned business away for all the excuses - NO FOOD UNLESS YOU HAVE A PARTY SCHEDULED!

I had a group walk out during cosmic last Saturday - sorry no cake during cosmic - go elsewhere and take your mess with you!
              I like it! LOL
              (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

Cake for a birthday party and whatever food you want if you book a floor for $175 hr. Pop is still from us.
                Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

We have a notice on the front door: No outside food or drink allowed.

The only exceptions are for parties, and they are birthday cakes or cupcakes.
                  All parties and groups are informed of this at the time they are booked at the front desk.

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie8662 View Post
                    We have a notice on the front door: No outside food or drink allowed.

We have that sign as well... sadly people around here can't read.

Birthday parties are allowed to bring in cake and ice cream here and that is it. The owner once tacked $30 onto a birthday party's bill when they walked in with cake, chips, soda, juice boxes, pretzels, pizza, and wings.
                    "wiggle that wire see if it does anything"

Comment

It's also important to know your local laws involving carry-in's. Health code, etc. The signs here reflect city ordinances. Licensing, etc. as one has no idea how food is prepared off premise.

As a bar, we allow parties that pay to put out munchies and cake. They have to remove the uneaten stuff themselves. Anything left over becomes property of the bar. I generally toss it out at closing time.

Comment

Originally posted by Becker34 View Post
                        It's also important to know your local laws involving carry-in's. Health code, etc. The signs here reflect city ordinances. Licensing, etc. as one has no idea how food is prepared off premise.
                        Exactly. Not only health codes; but, it opens the door for lawsuits as well. If anyone became sick from the outside food, the center would be held liable.

We informed the party planners that no outside food was allowed because the party would be catered by our restaurant/snack bar. Pizza and soft drinks are included with the lane rental.

Comment

We are cake\cup cake\ice cream cake only. We don't allow anything else. We just tell them they can take it out to their vehicle or we can store it until they leave. We use our pizza franchise and liquor laws as our reasons.

We have signs on our front doors that take up 2/3rds of the door that say no outside food or beverages. Yet they still bring them in. New/younger employees are afraid to confront people on it, so it can become a problem. I usually have to see it then tell the employees to go confront them on it.

Comment

I was at one center who had banned food from coming in through the front door, unless the league was having a pot luck. The counter behind the sette area would be covered in all kinds of food on those days .
                            If it can't be fixed with a hammer, try a bowling pin! They're heavier and more surface area for whacking!

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                            seems like pms were not done in a long time
                            and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                            Working...
                            X