Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of Monte Carlo

Colorama, Vegas, Red pin Blue Pin, Lucky Strike... Whatever you called it in your area, I've brought it back to this center and it's catching on nicely.

Running ours Saturday Nights from 7PM-10PM

Our rules;
    -$20 buy in ($12/bowling, $8 into jackpot).
    -Money shots not called by official caller/banker are NOT paid!
    -Color headpin Strike pays, Green $.25, Yellow $.50, Red $1
    -Leave a color pin by itself after 1st ball pays Yellow value. Pick up the spare and double the prize.
    (leave 2 or 3 color pins pays yellow value only, must spare to double up.)
    -Any color pins in 7-10 Strike pays $5

Second hour prize values double to G=$.50, Y=$1, R=$2, 7-10=$10.
    Third hour values double again to G=$1, Y=$2, R=$5, 7-10 stays@$10

Depending on how much money is left in the jackpot, sudden death is called at 9:45.
    -All strikes shots pay $10, leave-a-pin pays nothing.
    -When jackpot is down to $20 or so, Jackpot shot is called and next money shot clears the jar. (usually around 9:55)

I run 21 pins in my 70s, so color pins will jump racks.
    Customers having a blast with it.

Selling Smiles,
    PinCup
    We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

That is excellent. I'm glad this form of the game is being kept alive.

This is really great to see.

One center I worked at years ago had a version of this called "bowl for silver" it was very popular. Had many of the same elements yours has plus sometimes they would do crazy 8s.. Three bowlers were selected and went one at a time starting on the first lane. Get 8 or better and you advance to the next lane. Repeats until someone wins.

Comment

i am very interested in starting a Monte cargo night at our center and would like to know how other centers are doing there's.

Comment

Well Chris, looks like color pin Vegas style bowling is rare. So here's my advice to help you get started.

First and foremost, check the gambling laws in your state, county, city. The death of color pin money bowling started in New Jersey in the late 70s if I remember correctly. The rollover jackpots were climbing into the 1000's. Winnings were not being reported and the legislators got involved. Arrests were made, fines were levied and the industry ran scared.
        In the center I grew up in, when the progressive rollover jackpot was discontinued, numbers fell off. Our rollovers would build to about $500-$700 before they were won.

With Oklahoma's gambling laws, I may bring back a progressive jackpot. As long as I can keep it's value below $1200, and be certain taxes on winnings over $600 get paid, I should be fine.
        Here's my plan for the progressive rollover,
        Blackjack Jackpot.
        -Winners must have bowled the previous 2 weeks of Monte Carlo or be limited to 25% of jackpot. A standard rule to prevent hot-shots, pros and out of towners from winning my local's money and never returning, as well as those that wait until the jackpot builds before they come bowl Monte carlo.
        -Tickets are sold prior the drawing for $2 ea. Three tickets are drawn and those bowlers will get their turn to win in the order they were drawn. (house keeps $.25/ticket for admin duties)
        -Each bowler will throw one ball over three different lanes. Any bowler who scores 7 pins advances to the next lane- another 7 count advances, - last 7 (21 pins) wins the Blackjack progressive.
        -Bowlers are paid $1 for every pin they knock down should they not win the jackpot.
        -After a 100% jackpot win, the house will start the progressive with $100 the following week. (hoping the .25 a ticket covers it)
        Progressives keep them coming every week.

To start your own colorama bowling program, think up your rules and money shots.
        You want every bowler to win something (or at least get a chance to win), but try to limit the number of money shots. I remember a bowl in Ohio who's rules were so confusing, they needed a chart on the wall so bowlers could check to see if they won. They had 20 different ways to win! (ei. leave a 5-7 split with a blue 5 and a red 7 paid .50, but a red 5 and blue 7 paid $1.)
        It's your dog and pony show so they play by your rules, or they don't play. Be sure to make it clear that shot not called by the caller DO NOT GET PAID. Make sure your rules are easy to understand and clear. I put the current pin values scrolling across the bottom of the scoring monitors (one for each hour, one for sudden death one for jackpot shot), and I blast a siren to let everyone know prize values just doubled.

Keep it fun!
        PinCup

Comment

I like the blackjack idea.

Comment

I love this idea. How many do you require to start? We are just starting it in October. Is their a minimum number of participants?

Thanks.

Originally posted by PinCup View Post
            Colorama, Vegas, Red pin Blue Pin, Lucky Strike... Whatever you called it in your area, I've brought it back to this center and it's catching on nicely.

Running ours Saturday Nights from 7PM-10PM

Our rules;
            -$20 buy in ($12/bowling, $8 into jackpot).
            -Money shots not called by official caller/banker are NOT paid!
            -Color headpin Strike pays, Green $.25, Yellow $.50, Red $1
            -Leave a color pin by itself after 1st ball pays Yellow value. Pick up the spare and double the prize.
            (leave 2 or 3 color pins pays yellow value only, must spare to double up.)
            -Any color pins in 7-10 Strike pays $5

Second hour prize values double to G=$.50, Y=$1, R=$2, 7-10=$10.
            Third hour values double again to G=$1, Y=$2, R=$5, 7-10 stays@$10

Depending on how much money is left in the jackpot, sudden death is called at 9:45.
            -All strikes shots pay $10, leave-a-pin pays nothing.
            -When jackpot is down to $20 or so, Jackpot shot is called and next money shot clears the jar. (usually around 9:55)

I run 21 pins in my 70s, so color pins will jump racks.
            Customers having a blast with it.

Selling Smiles,
            PinCup

Comment

Originally posted by ledfoot2 View Post
              I love this idea. How many do you require to start? We are just starting it in October. Is their a minimum number of participants?

Thanks.

We have run Monte Carlo with as few as 6 bowlers. With only $50 bucks in the JP, we just double values slower and try to make it last for 3 hours.

PC

Comment

Pincup, how many colored pins do you run in each machine, I see you run 21 pins

Comment

3 color pins in each. Green, Yellow, Red.

PC

Comment

We called ours "moonlight bowling" which is what most places called it in our area back in the day. Ours was successful during the fall-winter season up until we closed for good on April 25, 2012. It was on Saturday nights at 9pm after leagues, $17 or $15 if you prepaid or were a league bowler, 3 games. 3 color pins in each lane, only ran 20 pins, had to be 18 or older, all money shots had to be verified by caller. Super 21 shot where 3 bowlers were randomly drawn a night had to get a total of 21 pins in 3 balls to win (full racks on all 3 shots). Optional strikepots, get your number drawn get a strike win 100% of that pot, 9 count gets 50%.

Shot was gone after 1st game, as league bowled before.
                    * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                    seems like pms were not done in a long time
                    and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                    Working...
                    X