Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeezing Wallets

These guys have never jackpot bowled before!

Tonight after Men's league, I turned on a lane .... and,

"I'll bet anyone in here a dollar I can knock down more pins with THIS house ball than any of you!"

Didn't take long till I have six players in each "1 ball Frame". We played skins rules "one ties we all tie. add another dollar same game." Each new pot called by the winner. We played, opposite hand, 6lb ball, 8lb ball 1 finger, bowlers choice house ball, and a few others.

Meanwhile, when the smokers returned from their after league smoke, (I have 3 pool tables)

"Hey guys I got $5, 9-ball brackets, who wants in?" Simple 4 person elimination, $20 purse, final for each bracket plays on the table with weakest bumpers.

I ran four brackets through 3 tables, while keeping my dollars in the pot bowling on the lanes (sorta). Pool players need babysitting.

Sold 6 extra buckets of beer, and made a few buck myself. (and lost a few)
    Point is, it still works. Folks love to gamble a bit, and they love to laugh.
    I got 30 people to stay 2 hours longer than they said they would, and spend $20 extra they said they wouldn't spend. It's like shooting bowlers in a barrel.

But you can't do it standing behind the desk, or shuffling paper in the office. Get out there and make smiles! Next week I won't need to put in so much effort to get jackpots rolling. They'll be asking when jackpots start. "I'll turn on lane 6, you can start without me. I have some work to do." Away they go. I'll just leave the 9 ball bracket sheets down by the tables, do a bit of my "Carnival Caller" to get them to sign up. Away they go. Next week I'm starting a pinball jackpot. "Highest 3 ball score on THIS machine, $5 gets you in, Let's go folks!"
    Trying to see if I can keep 40 for an extra 2 hours next week. $hing $hing goes the tillbox.

PinCup
    We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Thats great stuff! I really like the high pin count skins game. Too bad my leagues have already ended for the season. This will be something good to try next year. Keep these guys here an extra hour or so and make some $$$

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyYates View Post
      Thats great stuff! I really like the high pin count skins game. Too bad my leagues have already ended for the season. This will be something good to try next year. Keep these guys here an extra hour or so and make some $$$
      It's great for the summer on rainy days when they can't go golfing.
      We used to gather every Sunday at 1 to pot bowl at another center I was at. Some weeks we'd have 10-15, other weeks 25-30 show up.
      We always played tie has roll-off frames. These guys added the skins rule. It's pretty fun and a load of laughs.

Send out a few emails and gather a handful for a pot bowl event.
      "If you can make it this week great, if not that's OK. Same time next week."
      Word will spread. Maybe generate a little extra summer income.

PinCup

Comment

How do you run a "skins game"? How do you play it?

Comment

The skins rule states,... "If one ties we all tie. everybody throws in another dollar and we go again same rules."

We have 5 people in the jackpot. 2 of them score 8 pins and tie for the lead, the other 3 gutter out. No winner, pay $1 and we all get to go again... if you have any money left.

PinCup

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
          seems like pms were not done in a long time
          and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
          Working...
          X