Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ice pick looking ball damage

Im having problems trying to find what's causing this kind of ball damage. I've checked lift rods and ball lift. Happens on both lanes of one pair. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. The ball in the picture is one of the worst I have seen. The damage varies from a few small marks to all the way around the ball like seen in the picture.

It could be a subway track issue since it's a continuous line of marks and occurs on both lanes. I'd start looking from the dropsweep then continue up the lane to the power lift.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

If this is the only Ball damaged check out their Bowling Bag
      always doing my best.

Comment

This has happened to quite a few balls. I checked the subway track and the ball lift yesterday. Wiped the subway tracks with a rag to see if it snagged on something sharp. Couldn't find anything. Today I'm looking at the Y switch and accelerator area. The switch track looks bent and it looks like it may be broken too. It isn't always completely around the ball like in the pic. Sometimes it's just a few spots.

Comment

Check the cushions on your ball lifts C-track. Every single time i see ball damage happening on a pair instead of a single lane it turns out the C-track cushion are badly damaged/torn away, revealing the metal frame and bolts.

Comment

Also check your kickbacks to make sure someone didn't use a fastener that is now coming out. Often forgot about since it isn't directly in the ball track.

Comment

Check leather on transition track to see is there is something embedded in it.

Comment

We have c90 returns check tensioner pulley nut inside return we have had balls wobble & nick on end of bolt

Comment

Well changed out the power lifts tracks on the pair and damage has gone away. Will still keep an eye still since I've had it disappear and then come back again. Thanks for all the responses.

Comment

Well bad news. Ball damage is back. Put new urethane tracks on the ball lift and still getting the same damage. I'm at a lost. Can't find any shavings at all. I filed down corners, cleaned ball wheels, checked and cleaned accelerator pan, checked track. I keep coming up with nothing. I don't know where to look or if I'm just overlooking something. Any help would be really appreciated. Our pro shop guy is even getting mad cause he keeps having to fix these balls and it's a pain to do.

Comment

What about the foul light units. Have you looked to see if there's something above that area of the track?
                      Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                      Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                      Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

You could try sending a ball down the return when the building is quiet and with you standing mid way on the subway capping. Like Kanga said it could be foul light equipment hanging down. This happened to me one time and with the building quiet I could hear this faint thump. You just might hear something odd that will refocus your search.

Comment

I will be looking at it tomorrow when I come in. I know it's somewhere from the accelerator to the power lift. Hopefully when I come in the alley is empty.

Comment

Well I went back over everything again from the accelerator to the power lift. Still found nothing. But I went and checked around the lift rods area again and found what looks the be shavings. Shown in picture. Found the ball wheel edge is no longer rounded like it's suppose to be and the pit board cover had a rough spot on it where the ball comes out. Changed pit board cover and going to take the edge off the ball wheel. Hopefully this works.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse