Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still trying to figure it out. Went away for a while but came back.

Comment

This looks like "Rotation Damage", especially with the marks going around the ball like they do. It is not hitting just one thing like a nail, cord or the y-switch. It is rotating as it is being damaged, the ball wheel, the accelerator, the ball lift ???
      Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

we have had "T" bars come loose from under the lane and work its way into subway where ball could hit , nasty damage, ball would hit it and knock it back under the lane bed and it would go away until it vibrated back into subway, something to check , last one to do this was under approach between foul line and ball return,

Comment

Originally posted by Mainbowling View Post
          Im having problems trying to find what's causing this kind of ball damage. I've checked lift rods and ball lift. Happens on both lanes of one pair. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. The ball in the picture is one of the worst I have seen. The damage varies from a few small marks to all the way around the ball like seen in the picture.
          Old thread, but I thought I'd chime in anyway since I recently had the same patterns showing up on bowling balls. We've got 82-70's, and a kickback panel came loose and slid down about 1/2"...just enough to chip away at balls as they entered the ball door(as in your pic) and in a couple of cases grind circular grooves into them.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Tails
            Ball Damage
            by Tails
            Have a pair getting pretty constant ball damage, it won't happen for a week or two, then it will have three in one league setting . I've narrowed it down from trap door up through...
            07-27-2016, 07:34 PM
          • Sherlock
            Ball damage
            by Sherlock
            Where would you suspect ball damage to be coming from when it only affects the holes in the ball? So far they have replaced all 4 C track liners and both ball lift wheels in the...
            02-01-2007, 10:51 PM
          • Tails
            Ball Damage
            by Tails
            Have a pair having occasional ball damage, have looked everywhere I can think of and it will still happen every few days or so. (not same lane as last post)
            So far I have...
            10-18-2016, 03:37 AM
          • Larry
            ball damage???
            by Larry
            I have a machine that damages ball only at the index finger. It looks like some thing gets right on the edge of hole and cuts into ball. It looks like taking a pointed tool and...
            06-14-2000, 03:31 PM
          • HAACK
            ball damage
            by HAACK
            OK SAME OLD STORY BALL DAMAGE!

I'M GETTING GOUGE MARKS ON BALLS NOT THE SAME PAIR ALL OVER THE HOUSE. I DO NOT GET ANY OTHER DAMAGE JUST GOUGES 1/8" ISH WIDE...
            09-27-2001, 04:14 PM

Bind in deck hook linkage

I'm having a problem with the deck holding hook lifting up and not engaging the pin during 2nd ball cycle. At first, I thought it was the detector but have ruled that out. If...

GS-X table bolts/stud

I know I'm not the only one who has had the table bolts literally shear off. I cannot explain where there would be a force strong enough to do this to the bolts.
          Other that...

Not scoring when ball speed "ball detection" is enabled

I have a pair that won't score if ball detection is turned on, but when I turn it off the scoring works right away.

On the ball speed sensor, the green light indicates...

GSX pins dumping in table at front

Hi everybody, I'm looking for some guidance. My GSX machines have a problem with pins gathering in the table in front of the #3 pinholder. One or two lanes are worse than the...

Idler shaft

One of our lanes has a bad bearing assembly for the distributor pulley. The idler shaft that the pulleys sit on has been damaged where it sits on the bearing. I took the assembly...
          Working...
          X