Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Damage -has anyone ever encountered this

Here is the scenario... First this damage has happened on different lanes... In the track/flare area of the ball it looks like a burn ring all the way around the ball and inside this ring there are little scratches. If you hold the ball with the ring straight up and down the scratches go from left to right inside of the ring only . Lanes are cleaned and oiled everyday just before leagues start and have even gone as far as using a white glove to check the lanes and pin decks after cleaning them. The pin decks have a slight texture to them and the lanes are smooth. Lanes were installed 2 1/2 years ago and this problem just started in Sept of this year. I use Defense C cleaner and Navigate Oil in a 2 year old Kustodian Ion Sport Edition machine. Will post picture soon as I can get one.

How deep is the ring and how wide?
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

The damage is to the surface its more like a burn and its the width of the ball that contacts of the lane. Inside of this contact is where the cross scratches are. I have found out a little more info myself. It has occurred in other centers. The only thing the same is the brand and type of lane oil

Comment

Pictures?
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I have seen marking in the ball where it Flares, it was happening for years in a Sister Center to mine, eventually I started working in this Center and found the Pindecks were rough, old Brunswicks, it was like sandpaper on the ball, we had to coat them, I had trouble convincing the Management as the Head Tech didn't want them Coated as he suspected it would cause O.O.Ranges, which did happen.

These were in the Center at least 10 years so I couldn't say it is the same problem you are experiencing.

Frank
          always doing my best.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary R. View Post
            Here is the scenario... First this damage has happened on different lanes... In the track/flare area of the ball it looks like a burn ring all the way around the ball and inside this ring there are little scratches. If you hold the ball with the ring straight up and down the scratches go from left to right inside of the ring only . Lanes are cleaned and oiled everyday just before leagues start and have even gone as far as using a white glove to check the lanes and pin decks after cleaning them. The pin decks have a slight texture to them and the lanes are smooth. Lanes were installed 2 1/2 years ago and this problem just started in Sept of this year. I use Defense C cleaner and Navigate Oil in a 2 year old Kustodian Ion Sport Edition machine. Will post picture soon as I can get one.
            Has anyone ever figured this out? I have the same thing on used synthetic lanes just installed, they are only 7 years older?

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
            seems like pms were not done in a long time
            and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
            Working...
            X