Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Support Ending

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...d-support-help

If you run XP like I do guess what, support will end in a few days.

Users should already be getting a dialogue box warning of this. We got ours about a week ago.

We've been bracing for the cost in money and time for a while...doesn't mean we're ready though.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Has anybody heard what options QAMF is going to offer as far as Conq.Pro goes? All we got was a letter about the XP end of support.
      Always remember rule #3,(Don't forget rule #1).Rule #1,see rule #3......

Comment

Got an e-mail about this months ago. I got Windows 7. My mother-in-law has XP but she don't get on computer much.
        I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

*gulp* no XP support and no win7 retail versions anymore! :O

glad I've been steadily converting to the cloud and android devices!

But really this doesn't mean all XP machines need to be updated. I can't really see how the lack of support will effect the XP machines running in our house. They aren't even on the internet!

Comment

Yeah I don't think there would be a problem as long as these computers never connect to the internet.

Comment

It's not like they are going to shut them down on you.
              I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

I wonder if it will still be possible to re-install an existing XP system and still get the service pack downloads even if they are no longer fixing issues.

Technically speaking I'd like to move on to a new operating system completely (neither Microsoft or Apple though), but a lot of my older engineering software still runs on XP.
                www.bigclive.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigClive View Post
                  I wonder if it will still be possible to re-install an existing XP system and still get the service pack downloads even if they are no longer fixing issues.

Technically speaking I'd like to move on to a new operating system completely (neither Microsoft or Apple though), but a lot of my older engineering software still runs on XP.
                  I assure you that the XP service packs will be archived and available on the internet for a very long time to come... download service by Microsoft or not.

So, which OS are you thinking?

Comment

I'm also finding myself going to the Chrome/Android side of things. I already use a Chromebook when I'm travelling, but the newer systems still don't have the sort of apps I require for work. Things like writing assembly code and programming PIC microcontrollers, or designing PCBs. But it's only a matter of time.
                    www.bigclive.com

Comment

Unless they require special human interface device, you could just as easily open a virtual network connection and connect your bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

Comment

Chrome already uses a standard trackpad and keyboard, and will recognise most normal things plugged into the USB port. But the chip programmer plugs into the USB port and requires not just the software, but the suitable driver. Chrome and Android don't have those applications for them yet.

But Linux does......
                        www.bigclive.com

Comment

On the subject of bluetooth keyboards. They transmit EVERYTHING you type in with low quality encryption. I'd never use a bluetooth keyboard to type in a website address and then password. It's giving your details out to anyone wishing to record them with suitable high sensitivity receiving equipment.
                          www.bigclive.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                            Yeah I don't think there would be a problem as long as these computers never connect to the internet.
                            Agreed. there are tons of centers with XP and Purrfect Desk too. Of course you won't get security XP operating system and security updates any more, but as long as the hardware works and the HDD doesn't crash, you're good. Now - on the same networked machines can have BLS on them, and linked to one's own web site for downloading standing sheets. I'd certainly limit those machines to doing only that - prevent surfing on them. And, you'll have to get another antivirus if you were using Microsoft Internet Security free. They will no longrer update the virus definitions for it in an XP machine. But other vendors will. There are vendors that will offer antivirus protection for a small network of machines to make it less expensive.
                            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Oh XP, how you out lived your successor. All of those years we've spent together! To this very day people still want me to install you on their machines. You exist in constant usage on machines at work and stay mostly dormant on machines at home. You're with me forever, but we must part ways. The new version is just too much less of a hassle in comparison. Not to ever say or imply that you're some kind of a hassle or anything... K <3 U BYE SEE U SOON

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X