Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand Tool Storage

How do you store hand tools in your work shop?

Share pictures of your hand tool storage ideas.....

Wall Tool Board
    64.55%
    Tool Box on Bench
    8.18%
    Roll Around Tool Chest
    20.00%
    Tool Bag
    2.73%
    On a Shelf
    0.91%
    What Storage?
    3.64%
    Mike Wilson
    Bowl-Tech Inc.

My most used tools are in a hand box I can carry where needed. The next most used are in another. Then I have a rolling cabinet with a box on top where I work most often and more of the same at home.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0768.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	367.0 KB
ID:	1092302
    Here's something I made for some company tools that were spread everywhere. A few shelves and some plywood helped organize them.

Comment

Most everything is hanging on peg board. Have a few storage buckets to hold stuff you can't hang, like allen keys, pin punches and 1/4" drive sockets
      Attached Files

Comment

Have always been more partial to tool boards, good way to be sure they all get back in the shop at the end of the day.

Anybody else have any pictures to offer?

Mike Wilson
        Bowl-Tech Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Wilson View Post
          Have always been more partial to tool boards, good way to be sure they all get back in the shop at the end of the day.

Anybody else have any pictures to offer?
          My tools are either locked up at the bowl or they go out the door with me when I leave. The place I made that box for has no wall space available for a tool board. The walls are covered with parts on pegboard, parts in drawers, parts in bins, parts on shelves.

Comment

We have a big tool chest in the mechanic's room(which is more like a closet, lol) with various tools organized into drawers. There's also a tool belt full of handy stuff, useful for most quick jobs. There are some other tools hung on pegboard in the mechanic's room as well. #1 rule since several of us share this stuff...always put everything back where you got it so the next guy can find it.

We also have a cordless drill and an assortment of hand tools behind the front desk.

Oh, I also keep some of my own tools, meters & various test leads in my backpack, which I take with me on days I work.

Comment

"Community" tools go on the wall in each shop (split house).
              My tools get locked up in a rolling toolbox.
              I have a rolling toolbag to toss in the backseat when I visit other centers.

Comment

My personal tools are in 2 tool boxes under lock and key the company tools are on the wall way too high to reach !

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Elevator & Pits

All this work just to clean under the elevator !!??? LOL A friend is replacing a number of his elevators as the left hand triangle plate brackets are breaking. Rather than...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Ball Wheel Belt Question

A friend was looking at his ball wheel belt which stated it was 208" long, (Pic 1). He was pretty sure that it is a B205 belt which should be 205" long. The answer...

MONITOR COLOR ISSUE!!

my appologies if Ive posted this in the wrong area, this is my second post on this site, Ive got a 10 lane center ( 5 pairs ) and on lanes 3&4, I am having a problem with...

Pin spot is off

I'm currently working at a 38 Lane center. Of those 38 lanes only a few are having this issue.

I'm currently trying to get all the lanes to have perfect pin spots...

Idler shaft

One of our lanes has a bad bearing assembly for the distributor pulley. The idler shaft that the pulleys sit on has been damaged where it sits on the bearing. I took the assembly...
                Working...
                X