Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade tools

There are always a couple of spots you can cheat with tools. from cutting your wrench in half to give you a stubby wrench, to actually making something from scratch.

wanted to give a forum to share your cost and time saving trick tools.

Here's one i made just today.
    lift rod cover install tool. you ccan buy one of these for about $120. or you can go to home depot (or other hardware store) buy a quick shut-off T-valve (about $6), 4" length of 1/2" galavanized pipe (threaded) ($1.50), and the couplers to connect those to each other ($2). hook it up to your compressor, slip an end of your rubber on and hose clamp it.

I re-rubbered 3 sets of rods today (been waiting on a tool) in about an hour, while chasing calls during league play.

Gonna steal someone elses tip, just to make sure it gets here
    (thanx to the origanl poster of this)

I know there is on guy that is showing off his deck cable adjustment tools, and since i've seen it, and will probaly make one of my own, i'll share that one.
    take the heads of two wrenches (depending on year and model it may be 9/16, or 1/2, or a combo of both) some flat stock bent into a U that fits onto your cable ends. weld them together and you can hold both nuts with one hand with adjusting with your other hand.

Re: Homemade tools

There's a cheaper way. Years before we had a compressor, we had fountain soda, so we borrowed a CO2 tank. No fittings needed. Hose clamp the end of the hose to the threads on the tank. If you open the valve too much, it'll blow the hose off the tank. If you use a fitting that the hose can hold to better, a regulator would be a good idea.

Comment

http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj141/bowler6051/
      Here is the deck cable adjusting tool c_thomas is refering to.
      My first picture didn't show the spring which holds the wrench together.
      jman
      WORK---is a 4 letter word!

Comment

I have a piece of 1/4" square key stock welded to a piece of 3/8" square key stock at a right angle. I use it for rake adjustments. The 1/4" piece is for setting the c lever gap, and the 3/8 is for rake board hight from the lane (I like em low).

Really handy for quickly setting a rake adjustments.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Jman, Instead of using link code, copy the Img code and paste it into you post. Instant picture.
          I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

PJ
            Thanks for tip on posting pics. First timer at that.
            Wasn't sure which one to use.
            Have more pics of stuff I've made will post later.

Comment

Cool deck cable wrench, I like the spring idea, I have a similar one made with 9/16" deep sockets that are slotted to let the cable in.

John
              Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
              804-240-4982

Comment

Jman, thanx for getting that into here. thats the setup i mentioned earlier, and again i want to make sure the inventor has credit for it.

hadnt noticed the pivot point and spring previously. gonna have to make sure i copy that setup when i get the chance.

we have a mig welder, and i'm working on getting an oxy-aceytlyne setup. there's lot that can be fabricated with that pair.

Comment

Sorry, people, but I've deleted the post that included the images. The pictures are way too big! This makes it:
                  1) very hard to read the thread and
                  2) take a long time to load the page if you don't have broadband.

The FAQ (under How do I add an image to my message?) asks that you limit image size to 35K.

Here's a link with information on one way to http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...830#post188830

Deb

Comment

Sorry. Here they are:

Comment

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j.../guesswhat.jpg
                      Here is another of my strange tools. See if you can guess what it is used for.

Comment

Nice homemade tool!!! I presume the purple deck shield helps for cosmic bowling [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

msbowl [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

That's not purple that's PHANTOM! They match the GRAPE color scheme in the rest of the center! Those old aluminum shields have been patched so much some of them look like quilts!.

Comment

Originally posted by Jman
                            http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j.../guesswhat.jpg
                            Here is another of my strange tools. See if you can guess what it is used for.
                            Now that one you could have made a little bigger, like 800 X 600.
                            I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Maybe this will be better.
                              guess what?

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X