Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade Tools ?

Thought I d start a thread to see if anyone has "invented" tools to help them out ?

Here's some I made earlier lol

The white bar is for opening the finger cells without having to climb into the machine, and our selection of wooden ball return sticks, a metal bar for shifting the LBS over and another long finger cell opener lol

Hey it makes life abit easier right ?!
    Attached Files

cant say that I have made any tools my self but we do have a few that came from someone who does make tools and my god they are a life saver, my two favorite are the jig to hold a ball lift while working on it (made by my boss), and also for working on a ball lift a wonderful tool that compresses and holds the spring so you can remove the belt and work on it with ease
    the Petersen classic its on my bucket list, yup I'm a nerd

Comment

Cool do you have pics ? Used to have a tool to help fix the ball lift but I can't remember how it looked

Comment

Someone made a nice hook for retrieving balls stuck in the subway (A-2 machines with carpet retarders) at a center I used to work.

They took an old broom handle, attached a piece of strap steel, and belt it to a 90 degree angle with a slight hook at the end. Electrical taped the crap out of it, and the hook would sit nicely in the thumb hole so you can pull the ball thru the retarder without removing the key. That thing was a live saver.

Comment

A pin fork works nice for opening cells as well after an offspot. Just need to be gentle.

Comment

Originally posted by VoBo View Post
            Cool do you have pics ? Used to have a tool to help fix the ball lift but I can't remember how it looked
            I will try to get some pics up soon

Comment

I've modified some.
              Cut the handle off an AMF motor crank and use it n a 1/2" cordless drill.
              Built a modified 70/90 pinspotter cart that moves the weight to the center of the 4 wheel bottom cart.
              Built a GS table cable/solenoid tester box.
              Built a platform to take a 70/90 front end through a single door upright on a pallet jack.
              Had a Brunswick pinsetter cart built/modified so it can be used for GS.
              Made a removable front step to put on 70/90.
              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Johnnes makes some really nice inventions

Comment

Why open the cells after an offspot? A well set up table shouldn't jam if you spot pins with the fingers closed, in fact, any time I set a table up, I make sure that the table will spot ok with fingers closed before I finish up.

I don't want to have to be called to a machine after a machine dropping pins due to closed fingers, seems to be a waste of offspot auto sweep reverse.

Comment

finally able to get a picture up of what makes doing ball lifts a heck of a lot easierClick image for larger version

Name:	0001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	884291

Comment

I've been continually sorting, cleaning and organizing the back shop and I found this item buried in the back of a storage unit. I've got my guess as to what it might have been made for. What do you think it is?

Click image for larger version

Name:	t1.jpg
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	884573Click image for larger version

Name:	t2.jpg
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	884574
                      Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietenpol View Post
                        I've been continually sorting, cleaning and organizing the back shop and I found this item buried in the back of a storage unit. I've got my guess as to what it might have been made for. What do you think it is?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6124[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6125[/ATTACH]
                        Couldn't guess Pietenpol........but it looks really similar to something I keep around for when my pinchasers touch things they're not supposed to. lol

Comment

Belt clamping device for lacing distributor belt...?
                          TSM & TSM Training Development
                          Main Event Entertainment
                          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

That's exactly what I thought Steve
                            Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

I agree, it looks like it could be used to clamp belts whilst they're on a dizzy. Sometimes it can be difficult getting the pin through the lacing

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X