Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

poor man's ultrasonic cleaner

Will post pics when I get home. 1 Styrofoam cup standing up with a old 4"speaker from old scoring consoles. 1 Styrofoam cup sitting on the speaker with hot water and the spray tip filters from the lanes machine and your preferred music piped into the speaker. I happened to be playing Beatles at the time but heavy metal might be better..still experimenting.
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Got any Floyd, Pie?
      I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

i made this tool from an old distributor trip rod...just insert the end of spring into hole and use distributor casting for leverage to remove and install the spring easily
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Troyza View Post
          I agree, it looks like it could be used to clamp belts whilst they're on a dizzy. Sometimes it can be difficult getting the pin through the lacing
          I guess I don't understand why this would be difficult.

If the tension spring is off and the belt is the correct length it should be easy. I can do it with my two hands, no problem.

Sorry I don't get it.

But anyway, Pie, did you ever figure out what that really is for? I would have to agree with the guesses, it does look like something to hold the belt ends.

Comment

I'm just guessing it was for lacing the belt on. Can't figure out any other place it could be used. I did however notice that I inherited quite a few old belts that are definitely on the short side by a good couple inches. If the old mechanic put as much time into cutting belts the proper length as he did coming up with that clamp device I might have an easier job. It's a nice little clamp and I'm sure I can use it somewhere but it wasn't necessary.
            Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Maybe it was for something non-pinspotter related?

Comment

I have many homeade tools. Wrenches fastened to 1/2 inch dowel rods. Respot cell jig. Homeade latch style spring puller. Distributor stand. Chassis card removing tool (no longer used) remote starter button for motors. A big assortment of gauges. Multiple pin hooks..... It goes on and on but when the previous owner had the place there wasn't even a screwdriver so alot of this stuff was made out of necessity because there wasn't a tight budget there was no budget.

Comment

I have GS-X machines and have made several items that have been helpful. BALL DOOR locking mechanism, Green belt cleaning tool, squeegee bench bracket holder (change foam and rubber squeegee, along with a very long pin hook to get pins out of returns. Anybody interested in pictures?

Comment

A Picture is worth a 1000 words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Originally posted by gene lindow View Post
                      I have GS-X machines and have made several items that have been helpful. BALL DOOR locking mechanism, Green belt cleaning tool, squeegee bench bracket holder (change foam and rubber squeegee, along with a very long pin hook to get pins out of returns. Anybody interested in pictures?
                      Yep.
                      TSM & TSM Training Development
                      Main Event Entertainment
                      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I have made all kinds of things some are
                        -25 Volts DC bench power supply. I even put it on Indestructibles.
                        -AC bench tester with a 10 amp fuse and a big light up switch. I Use this for safely testing everything from motors, fans, lights...
                        -Cables that go from RJ-11 or RJ-45 (computer & telephone connector) to common connectors used on switches, and cables. I use this with a cheap cable tester to test up to 9 connections at a time to find shorts or if they are broken.
                        -Measuring tools made from wood to make it easier to measure stuff without using the expensive digital caliper.

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                        I've modified some.
                        Cut the handle off an AMF motor crank and use it n a 1/2" cordless drill.
                        Built a modified 70/90 pinspotter cart that moves the weight to the center of the 4 wheel bottom cart.
                        Built a GS table cable/solenoid tester box.
                        Built a platform to take a 70/90 front end through a single door upright on a pallet jack.
                        Had a Brunswick pinsetter cart built/modified so it can be used for GS.
                        Made a removable front step to put on 70/90.
                        I would like to check out the GS table cable/solenoid tester box

Originally posted by gene lindow View Post
                        Can I get some pictures of the GS-X stuff?
                        Last edited by Kenlil; 03-01-2015, 12:16 PM.
                        Ken
                        Google+

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse