Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoes for work

I'm just wondering what shoes or types of shoes you wear to work . It seems that I can't find anything that lasts for over 6 months before they start falling apart from all the bending , squatting and kneeling we do . What do you wear and what are the costs . I've bought expensive shoes ($80- $100 ) and they don't last any longer than the $10 - $12 Wal-Mart shoes .
    It's better to remain silent and let people think you're stupid than to speak and remove all doubt

Just comfortable athletic shoes for me. Reebok's, New Balance (affordable nothing over $60) as long as they are x-wide and have good arch support.
    Just bought a pair this week, and trying to find a basic shoe without the tri-color, fluorescent, extra heel spring-moon walking looking crap...etc,etc was difficult!! Found a pair in gray that goes well for work, and a white pair of Nike's for around the home. My son found a pair of black non steel toe Sketchers he says are very comfortable. Didn't have them in x-wide so I couldn't test them.
    jonesborobowl.com

Comment

i have some sketchers that I use and work well. think i paid around $60 at Meijer for them.
      jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

Skecher sergeants waterproof boots. Around $60 at famous footwear and $80 at kohls. Best most comfortable boots ive ever bought and I walk allot at work
        Keep an eye on it see if it does it again

Comment

You guys don't wear steel caps around your machines etc? We here always wear steel cap boots whilst on the job...
          AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

I used to wear steel toe when I was on Brunswicks but not on AMF's. Bruns parts are heavier and a few more moving parts.
            Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

I always wear em, I'd hate to think of dropping a gearbox on my toes...
              AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

I have Sketchers Work sneakers. Slip resistant soles and electrical hazard safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head View Post
                  You guys don't wear steel caps around your machines etc? We here always wear steel cap boots whilst on the job...
                  Same.

It's mandatory in industries using heavy equipment here in OZ.
                  Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                  Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                  Walker B, Sanction Standard & Original K
                  Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Given that we do climb on machines, walking around the shop/center, subject them to chemicals and oils, and just plain wear our work shoes every work day, they're not going to last longer than 6 months.

At least I have never found a pair that lasted that long.

I did have a pair of LUGZ work boots that lasted about five years and by the time I finally let them go, the things felt like I was putting on slippers. I got those boots nearly 10 years ago, talked a friend of mine into a pair.

Guy works in retail and is on his feet all day but it just not quite the same abuse we put on shoes... And they failed after a month! Don't know if materials/quality has changed since when I bought my pair but it just seems shoes don't last very long these days.

So in the end, I'd rather buy a cheap pair that I know I'm going to destroy, than an expensive pair that I'm going to destroy in relatively the same amount of time.

Comment

When I have a little extra cash, I spring for Red Wings or Chippewas.

Comment

6 months?? wow I get 2 years or so out my work boots? The brand I wear is called Blundstone...

Comment

Get about 2 years out of my Sears DieHards. About $60.

Comment

Originally posted by House View Post
                            I have Sketchers Work sneakers. Slip resistant soles and electrical hazard safe.
                            Same here. I've had a pair that lasted almost 5 years. I believe that I paid $35 at Discount Shoe Store. They're very comfortable, even for a guy like me with arthritis.

Comment

I used to wear Sketchers with steel toes. My new job requires boots with steel toes.
                              TSM & TSM Training Development
                              Main Event Entertainment
                              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X