PDA

View Full Version : AMF Camera

willey
09-20-2004, 11:39 AM
I have a problem Camera, I have tried all the adjustments but it still will not see the 7 pin on the odd lane. Which to me seems crazy, as the thing is lined up with a target that sits on the 7 pin spot.
I have changed the Camera,tried setting it off a little, cleaned the lens, but stand the 7 pin on it's own it gives a strike.
I have Accuscore on a Brunswick A machine, with AMF infrared triggers.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, BTW the Camera is sitting on a bracket 10 inches above overlane return, and it was recently hit by a ball, the bracket that is.
willey.

Alastair
09-20-2004, 11:57 AM
So in test mode is the camera is saying that the side, left and right are all ok.?

Some things to check for;

Rake is in adjustment at gaurd position.
No excess light is getting into the pit. (no tears in the curtain?)
Check for any shiny refective areas/surfaces in the pit and the rake.
Swop out CWC with a known good working one.
Also swop EEPROM boards with next pair to test.

If you place a towel / rag over the camera and cylce the machine, it should score a strike.

wb8yjf
09-20-2004, 12:07 PM
Did you remember to loosen the 2 screws at the base of the camera assy. b-4 adjusting right to left? Check to see if the plastic piece at the base of the lens isn't broken - that happens a LOT.

willey
09-21-2004, 02:54 AM
wb8yjf, both camera's are reading the same thing, that is why I changed it in the first place.
When ball thrown in the gutter on the odd lane it reads 1, other side is o/k, when 7 pin is left on it's own a strike is recorded.
Alastiar, machine is in the corner with no light problems, the curtain is fine I will have to check if an oil leak down curtain is having an effect. Being a Brunswick A machine with no shot-gun (unfortunately) they score before the rake comes down. But I will try and change over the eprom board and try a couple of boards in the gold box.
Thanks for the responses guys.
willey.

wb8yjf
09-21-2004, 10:38 AM
Wiiley, if 2 cameras are doing the same thing, I have to believe that maybe that bracket is a problem. I am assuming that in the align mode you get the LED's to all indicate OK, right? I've never seen that particular setup personally. You could always try moving a known good camera to that pair and see if the problem stays....

Steve Stafford (JBEES)
09-22-2004, 02:10 AM
If the camera was seeing a light reflection or an oil streak...it would be seeing an extra pin. It wouldn't be missing a pin. Willey...try this and see what happens. Unplug the pinsetter motor and throw a ball and see what happens. If it still scores a strike...its in the camera/camera bracket. If it doesn't and it all of a sudden sees the 7...then you have a timing/rake problem. Let us know what you find...

willey
09-22-2004, 05:35 AM
Today the other side was miss scoring,well I think thats something different. So I get out the targets, wipe the pins off the deck, than I think I will just see if it see's the 7 pin again on the odd lane, well what do you know, it's working o/k, tried it a couple of times all o/k, put targets in place and all lights say o/k. I did check for oil and no oil run down the curtain, fixed for now.
Well now for the other side, what do I see curtain hanging over the back, not unusual, this particular lane does this every day, what is unusual is it's never been known to miss score before because of this fault, of course this means I'm going to have to prevent the curtain coming out of it's slots, oh well it needed fixing.
Thanks for trying to help guys, Steve I'm pretty sure machine scores before the rake comes down, as we have A's with no shot-gun and an AMF infrared trigger with it's own time delay. The last machine we had similar miss scoring, we found that a thread from the carpet glued to the rake was causing the problem.

willey.

Steve Stafford (JBEES)
09-23-2004, 02:16 AM
willey...what I was getting at is if the gold box is giving you the headache and causing cycling before the camera has had enough time to take the picture, this would determine if it is or not. I have 2 centers with your style setup.

willey
09-23-2004, 03:20 AM
O/K Steve I understand, I will keep my eye on it and try with the machine unplugged when it next starts to happen again, as nothing was actually fixed I'm sure it will happen again.
willey.