Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bowl-Tech Shout Box

Empty the chat input field
Loading ...
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

Converting CRT Qubica Screens to LCD?

Hello, I know this has been covered in the past but I haven't been able to gather a clear answer. Either the thread was talking about older VDB's or something else which I couldn't quite put together.

Anyways our center has 28 lanes of Qubica 32" CRT monitors with VDB 98's. I have read that the older VDB's use RGB signal output but that VDB 98's and newer use VGA output? If this is true, then in theory, couldn't I hook up a regular off the shelf LCD to this VDB as long as it had VGA input?

Do I need a specialty cable from Qubica to convert or will any old VGA cable work?

Thanks and let me know if anyone has any experience.

Dan

I'm fairly certain (can anyone confirm?) that you can't just hook up any old LCD directly to the VDB's. There is a converter available from TenPinTec that will allow your VDB's to work with Panasonic (and maybe other brands) panels - and I would hazard a guess that they will be cheaper than a similar product from QAMF.

If you're getting LCD or Plasma panels, I would recommend against getting domestic products and spend some extra $$ on quality commercial grade panels which are designed for long term/continuous operation and will probably save you money in the long run. We have Samsung LCD's here supplied by QAMF (I don't know the cost exactly, but I seem to recall it was about $1100/panel) - they are great and we've had no problems with them - but I'm sure there are other brands out there that will serve you just as well.

The guys at TenPinTec (www.cybernetic.com.au) are really helpful and will be able to give you some better info than I can, so it could be worth getting in contact with them and see what they can do for you.

Best of luck mate, you won't look back to CRT's once you get some flat panels in!

Andrew

And here's a more useful link for you!

http://www.cybernetic.com.au/product...converter.html

Andrew

Wow, thank you for the great information and product site! I will definitely be looking into that! Hows come more centers don't convert over to LCD if all it takes is a simple pin converter?

Regards,
    Daniel McNally

I would think the main reason is the expense associated with buying so many screens. Small operators often can't justify that kind of expense (particularly in a fairly tight financial period), and large centres have a lot of lanes to upgrade, which means lots of cash that may need to be spent elsewhere. We were lucky enough to have them installed about 3 years ago when we did some other upgrades to our equipment, and the really do look so much better! I guess the only drawback is that they're not as easily repaired as the CRT's - those Fenice boards were fairly easy to troubleshoot and repair, but these you have to send somewhere else and have a spare panel available to replace it in the meantime