Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bowl-Tech Shout Box

Empty the chat input field
Loading ...
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Kegel Fire and Ice

For anyone wanting to try some different oils Kegel will be coming out with TWO very shortly.
    They will be called "Fire" and "Ice"
    Fire will be for lower friction surfaces(Prolane,IQ,ect)
    Ice will be for higher friction surfaces(Hpl/spl,wood,ect)

I first tested Ice last year,but was a little too slick for my surface(I have IQ)
    Beginning of this bowling season I having been using Fire with great results for my surface.
    For guys that have used Logic(which is a nice oil)Fire to me plays a tiny bit slicker but holds up better than Logic.
    Probably a good way to describe it for me is a hookie(thanks Alex for the term)form of Navigate.
    I always liked Navigate because I felt it was in between Prodigy and Infinity...held up better than Prodigy but didnt carrydown as much as Infinity.They bowl 6 on a team here(I know,its stupid)so durabilty is always a issue.With 6 on a team AND 15 mins practice the most you move usually is 5 left with the feet and about 2 on the lane.

This is the first Kegel oil that I feel really matches up to slicker surfaces.Their other oils are great but can be a little touchy on slick surfaces.I have ran all the way up to 4 1/2- 5 units on the outsides with Fire and didnt have hang.(With proper topography and lengthwise pattern taper of course)

I have been using Defence C @ 5:1 and having no problems stripping it off.No excessive offspots or ball calls.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have.Brandy at Kegel would be a even better choice though because when I do testing I try not to ask any questions about the product.Dont want things to change my opinion of it.She can answer the technical questions you may have.
    Last edited by amf8270mp; 03-04-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Wanted to add something.

I compared Fire to Logic because I think Logic is a very good oil.If I wasnt testing Fire I would still be using it.
    But am I switching back to Logic when Im done testing Fire....nope.
    There may be people who feel different than I do about the two oils and thats ok,everyone has a different environment/preference.What may work for one may not work for another.

Do you have to do anything special to the Kustodian when changing from Infinity to Fire?

8270tom:

When changing from one conditioner to another, we always recommend to empty the tank and clean it. Flush all of the old conditioner out of the lines and burn the old conditioner out of the brush. Run the lanes several times to get the new conditioner through the lines and in the brush. Then run your normal clean/condition routine.

As for changing from Infinity to Fire, your profile says you have HPL and since you'd be switching from Infinity, you'd probably prefer Ice. Ice is better for higher friction surfaces (like wood, HPL/SPL, etc.). Fire is hookier oil than Ice (didn't know "hookier" came from Alex but somehow that doesn't surprise me) and may be too much hook for your surface.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Brandy

Tech of the Year 2009
    What is the viscosity of 2 conditioners?

That way you could recommend his modification (if any) to the pressure hose

Private messages will not be answered unless you have competitors who are spying on your lane pattern. It is best to post in the forums so we all can learn. Thanks for your understanding!

The first time I tested Ice it was pretty high.Im sure they have changed it since then.
    My guess on Fire that its around the 35 range based on pump pressure and tubing length.
    Last edited by amf8270mp; 03-04-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    8270tom:

When changing from one conditioner to another, we always recommend to empty the tank and clean it. Flush all of the old conditioner out of the lines and burn the old conditioner out of the brush. Run the lanes several times to get the new conditioner through the lines and in the brush. Then run your normal clean/condition routine.

As for changing from Infinity to Fire, your profile says you have HPL and since you'd be switching from Infinity, you'd probably prefer Ice. Ice is better for higher friction surfaces (like wood, HPL/SPL, etc.). Fire is hookier oil than Ice (didn't know "hookier" came from Alex but somehow that doesn't surprise me) and may be too much hook for your surface.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Brandy
    So you're saying with Ice it will curve straighter.

Quote Originally Posted by rivmike View Post
    LO-#ucking-L!

Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Quote Originally Posted by rivmike View Post
    Holy pants that's funny!

As for viscosity....Ice is about 42 cps and Fire is about 45 cps; slightly lower than Defense-S and higher than Infinity.

I wouldnt have thought Fire was that high.
    Looking how short my tubing is now I guess it is.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast