Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you track stops?

How do you track machine stops and malfunctions?
    We don't
    5.13%
    Stop sheet or notebook at bench
    64.10%
    Stop sheet at Pinsetter/Pinspotter
    15.38%
    Computer / Software
    10.26%
    Other
    5.13%
    Mike Wilson
    Bowl-Tech Inc..

This is a takeoff on a thread from a few years ago at https://www.bowltech.com/forum/pinse...01-call-sheets

If you select other please tell us about it.

Feel free to post PICs of what you use.

Mike Wilson
    Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

Old school. Pen and paper.
      A4 Diary with 1 day per page for calls and another diary for tasks completed. Very small outlay for a documented history that is not reliant on a digital world.

Though, this method relies on all staff members having the ability to read and write. An ability that is becoming increasingly rare.

Comment

Although I did make an Access based database that was functional (modelled on Startrek TNG LCARS), I wasn't able to complete it. I really wanted to make something for everybody to use but time got the better of me. I know there are some stop apps out there but I wanted one geared toward simplicity and being touchscreen friendly. I'm currently back to pen and paper for the time being.
        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
        Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

We use an old school 3-ring binder.
          One side is for calls, other side is daily work, and other misc work done.
          Pen and paper is still the best method available.

Comment

I write things down on a stop sheet; explain it and the fix in notebook; document on computer -- all three. The notebook and stopsheet are done daily, then at the end of the month everything is put on a computer.

Comment

We have a 3-ring binder on the workbench and keep the most recent months' worth of logs in it. A new log sheet is started with every shift and the mechanic(s) on duty write their name and date at the top. It has room for writing down notes and parts usage and also a small section for the lane machine so that I will know if they had problems running the lanes or had to replace the duster cloth etc.

I would like to make a simplified one for the bowling desk because there are often things on the other side of the machines that go unreported. Nothing like ending your shift and someone at the desk says "What's going on with Lane X? It was doing this and this...we had to reset it several times through Conqueror because it wouldn't set a full rack. Oh and the bumpers on Lane Y aren't working and so-and-so league bowlers were here practicing and said their balls were coming back damaged."

Comment

• Mike Wilson
                Mike Wilson commented
                Editing a comment
                I think a front desk sheet is important. I despise surprises and it seems to help keep communication going.

Created this for the rear wall house to log stops at the bar. Only 10 lanes so no pinchaser but they would Never document anything. They would tell me about something as I was leaving after working there for 3+ hours, go figure. We had pinchasers at Olympic, they would write them down on a notebook sheet each night.

Checklist Call Sheet 2.xls

ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 4.3.0.98
              Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

• Mike Wilson
                Mike Wilson commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice sheet, lots of detail

We have a spiral notebook at the front desk with date/lane/description/initial. In the mechanics' room we have notebooks for logging repairs, maintenance & lubrication.

Comment

I have a couple of plans I have used over the years, when I have had a "fixer upper" with lots of stops I have kept the stop sheet on the machine itself with an attached pen or pencil and leave sheet on the machine until it was full. I used it as both a training tool and a means to keep the guys more involved in troubleshooting, I would ask them not to just write the stop down and move on but to also look back through the history on the sheet and troubleshoot any trends they are seeing.

Each day I would go through and put the stops on a master sheet for a permanent record and frames per stop calculations.

An note any follow up to stop trends I see on the sheets.

In my centers that I had been in for awhile and were running well I could go away from the sheets on each machine and go with a sheet in the work shop (if there was one) along with a daily cleaning and maintenance duties sheet.

Mike Wilson
                Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

I have used and do see the benefits of having a trouble call sheet attached to each machine. However, I hate seeing holes drilled into the rear guard.

Comment

Been using Kegel's Tracker for years. Wish it was still available from Kegel.

Comment

The big thing for me was to address each stop the next morning when I came in before the morning leagues started. No matter how insignificant a stop or just a 1 timer, I would still give the machine a look. Many times a slight tweak of the pin guide would completely eliminate turn pan jams, a rake adjustment if pins were out on the lane, etc. Before you know it the stops occur less and less.
                      Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Been using Kegel Tracker since 2007, still love the program for it's features. Wish they still made it.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X