Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We keep a sheet of paper pinned to counter wall for counter help to note time and what they did to clear pins. We keep a camera on each pair of machines to follow up with any problems next day. And we use PartsTracker.com software on desktop for mechanics log and parts bin/locations etc...

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk View Post
      normally used one binder for stops/calls. One for maintenance/lube & parts replaced.
      That is if i worked with chasers. Got so used to knowing each machines quirks,stops etc i myself didn't need a
      binder,just kept it in my head.up tp 40 lanes worth too !
      Worked 40 lanes down to 20 lanes by myself. Back in the day.
      One center took me about 5 months to get machines straightened out but then got maybe 1 call a day,those we're field converted machines to jetback. Owners never knew they could run so smoothly since other guys did squat. (they twisted my arm to get me to fix it all),mostly just indexing issues,preferance systems and complete lubing of machines.
      Ahhhh, the good ole days. lol.
      The problem with with keeping things in your head is the next guy who might have to fix a problem doesn't know what you may or may not have done before. We've got an old mechanic who operates this way, and it drives the rest of us nuts. We have no idea what he might have done because he doesn't document anything. Personally, I log everything I touch with detailed descriptions of what I did whether I fixed the problem or not. I tape notes on motors & chassis, dated & initialed. This dude keeps removing my notes for no apparent reason.

Comment

May want to check Post # 8 of this thread for the checklist I put together for a 10 lane place. They never used it. Some other lists I made for maintenance purposes.

Checklist Inspection Rev2.docx Checklist Inspection Global.docx Checklist Inspection Rev2.pdf Checklist Inspection Global.pdf

ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 4.4.2.123
        Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

At my center we transitioned to using Google Docs/Sheets for most of our backend stuff. Stops, checklists, parts, etc. Works great!
          http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Bowler4Ever

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
          Working...
          X