Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overhead w/Accuscore Plus

We have Accuscore Plus with low boys. We are wanting to add Overheads but AMF says that if we do that we have to loose our low boy monitors. Is there a way around this and can any other monitor be used or does it have to be an AMF. We are thinking about buying 25" video game monitors and making our own cabinets and trying that. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Rusty.

Re: Overhead w/Accuscore Plus

You have to add a box to allow both video signals....prolly a amp/splitter. These are not cheap.

You have to suspend the monitors from a pipe hung in the ceiling or from the wood truss if that is your construction.

You have to run power from the dedicated power from the autoscoring.

It is probably not worth the trouble.

Keep the lowboys.

Jerry

Comment

rusty,
      i believe its possible to add overheads to your system. what type of front desk and what software level are you now running? also, what type curtain wall chassis and software level?
      [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Rusty,

I think Jerry bring ups a pretty valid point. Why weren't the overheads installed originally? Was it a price issue, or is there something about the building structure that made it cost prohibitive?

In most cases, overheads are standard, unless the ceiling can't support them, or it is too low. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Fever [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
        I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

We have both, uppers and lowboys. Installed in the early 90's I believe, quite a few years before I started there. Personally I'd lean away from the uppers, they're a royal pain at least where I work. Forever going out, and boy are they fun to change! </sarcasm> [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Rep [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by bowlersconnxtion:
            We have Accuscore Plus with low boys. We are wanting to add Overheads but AMF says that if we do that we have to loose our low boy monitors
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes there is a solution , But you will need to talk to the "Brains Trust" down here in Australia [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Computer Score makes an Interface unit to convert the AccuScore video output ( RGB I think ?? ) into a standard VGA video output that will allow you to use a VGA/SVGA style monitor as your overhead.

The interface unit is a small PCB mounted in a box ,1 per pair mounted in roof space above Monitors &amp; uses a Plug Pack Power supply to run it .

It does work well ( We use it here ) &amp; I believe that it is not overly expensive either

Checkout the Site :- Computer Score

Drop them an E-Mail to see if they can help .

If your budget can handle it I would grab their Front Desk package also , It's sweet &amp; so simple even I can use it [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys for the replies. As far as my front desk and software version. All I know is that I have Accuscore Plus C-90. What else do I need to know and where do I go to find out. Thanks.

Comment

rusty,
                i think it's amf part#232-008-285 vsplit box...this box would mount near the curtain wall chassis the ribbon cable plugged into j1 would be removed and plugged into the vsplit along with new ribbon cable for amf overheads, vsplit cable runs from j1 to vsplit....

the computer score idea is interesting though [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by bowlersconnxtion:
                  We have Accuscore Plus with low boys. We are wanting to add Overheads but AMF says that if we do that we have to loose our low boy monitors. Is there a way around this and can any other monitor be used or does it have to be an AMF. We are thinking about buying 25" video game monitors and making our own cabinets and trying that. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Rusty.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">All of the replies are correct. But there is one more componant needed.

You will have to replace your eeprom's in your CWC to make this work properly. It has to have one to control the uppers and one for the lowers.
                  You should also have someone come in to check to make sure the structor can hold the weight of the monitors. YOu should use the guide lines used in the AS+ preinstall guide
                  www.amf.com

Comment

BowlerC,
                    Contact AMF Scoring Tech Support at 1-800-342-5263, Option1, then Option2 and we will go over with you on your Eproms and what you will need. We will also send you the pre-install info so you can determine if you can do the install.

AMFCamMan
                    Ask me, if I don't know, I will find out....

BTW, ask me about my Desktop Tre'buchet...

Comment

I didn't think the v-split box knew whether there were uppers,lowers, both or neither ? If a software change is needed, how can you plug into the curtain wall chassis ribbon directly from the upper monitor ribbon cable, or the lower monitor ribbon cable? Thats how you troubleshoot the v-split box!
                      You can add uppers to a lower only house - or vice-versa. With a 'v-split' box. (Means video split -Combines splitting the signal with slight amplification).
                      ALSO------You can put Qubica upper monitors on the AMF Accuscore+ system. UP TO 34"!!!!!
                      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse