Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in need of some serious help

First off i've only been running my first center for alittle under a year now. I do know we have AccuScore systems but i am not really sure what model we have. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] I do know that we don't have a backoffice hooked up to it.

Anyways the questions i have is Do the monitors run off normal standard Coax like TV's do?

Second off i've been told its impossible to line up a camera without targets. Is there an easy work around if you don't have them?

3rd How hard and costly is it to add a back office to AccuScore System?

Thanks

KingPin300
    ~12th ball sitting on 11 Strikes, Lanes are Quiet. Whole Center is watching, What do you do? Put it in the Ditch!~

Re: Newbie in need of some serious help

There are basically 3 types of Accuscore. Accuscore I, II, and PLUS. Accuscore I will have a large curtain wall chassis which has a "door" that opens up to get to the PC boards. This system also has 3 small circuit breakers on the side of the CWC (curtain wall chassis) on the power supply end. Accuscore II looks like Accu. I, but w/o the 3 breakers on the side (this is simplified). Accuscore PLUS has a CWC with a slot sort of in the middle of the chassis that an EPROM module (program for scorer) plugs into. This also has 3 LED's on the front (RED, GREEN, and one that flashes red with communications to the front desk). None use a single coax line to the monitors. Accu I & II have 6 coax cable that run to the monitor for each lane, Accu + has a ribbon style cable that runs to the monitors (both lanes in one cable). It is possible to align the cameras w/o targets, but it is "iffy" at BEST. You really need the targets to get them aligned properly (!) Without targets, you are more than likely going to have scoring problems. You have some options on adding a back office. Newer systems will run you 5K + , older Advantage/Accudesk/Accutrac systems can be had for less. If your center is small, it probably isn't worth the $$ or trouble to add the backoffice. You can go to my website & look at the photo gallery section to see what a Accuscore PLUS CWC looks like. Hope this helps.

Jon

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/" target="_blank"><a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/" target="_blank"><a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/" target="_blank"><a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/" target="_blank"><a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/" target="_blank"><a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/" target="_blank"><a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/" target="_blank"><a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/" target="_blank"><a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/" target="_blank">http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a>
    [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Jon's got it.

I would like to add one thing though. On the AccuScore + systems, the monitors DO use a single coax line IN ADDITION to the J1 ribbon cable. However, this is optional and provides only signal for "TV". (Pressing L or R lane and "V" on stand-alone systems). A typical scenario is one coax line for every 8 monitors with the last in the chain of 8 to have a 75ohm terminator. The home runs for these drops terminate into a VDA (Video Distribution Amplifier or multixplexer of sorts). the video source is then plugged into the VDA for broadcast across the house.
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Jon, your detail about the scorer is great. (You da man! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] ) But would one of you hardware types also describe what would be involved in installing Advantage. Obviously, there's the computer, but what about all the other stuff? Just lane control or cash drawer &amp; pole display too (stinky old blue box)? Printers? Advantage Lite (one terminal for both the front desk and back office)? Cabling for comm? Billiards light control? I can't help much with this stuff - I just work in my lab with the comm line running straight to the CWC (blacks). No LIU or other peripherals.

Comment

Thanks for your help Jon. I got your pm. and will reply to that shortly. Soon as i read your post i know we have Accu+. And i got the camera setup without the targets. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] lucky i guess. As for the question about the coax, I was considering maybe trying to talk my boss into allowing me to mod the scoring system and added Table monitors. (flat screen monitors or TV's) Anyways thanks for your help everyone.

T.J.
          ~12th ball sitting on 11 Strikes, Lanes are Quiet. Whole Center is watching, What do you do? Put it in the Ditch!~

Comment

Since it was mentioned in this thread I figured I'd ask this. We have everything setup so we can put the tv on the monitors and all (Accuscore +). We have one pair that has no sound or picture and certain lanes we can't get the tv to come up on. I don't know exactly how that all works. Could it be something in the monitors? Where should I start looking? Thanks for any help you guys can give [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
            All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Rep...first, I would swap the curtain wall chassis and see if the problem of no TV moves with it. The switching is done through a cable from the CWC to the overhead monitor. There is a board on the top of the structure that holds the monitors. This board could also be bad. If the swap with the chassis doesn't move the problem, move that board. After that, there is a board inside of each monitor that does the switching. It could be bad. This is where the ribbon cable, switching cable and the coax cable plugs into. The audio is switched on by this board also. This may be where your problem lies...hope this helps.
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Thanks for the info JBEES, I will look into it. As I said I really didn't know how all that setup worked. Some are probably bad boards in the monitors. The one pair is the kicker though, can't get sound (even just the radio or whatever) to play on it nor picture on either screen. As soon as I get a chance I'll look into it, thanks again bud! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Just back in town....

HI DEB! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] We will get more details and see exactly what King needs - no 2 installations seem the 'same' HA! Ilke the description of the LIU as "stinky" - most are filled with dust.... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

There is another link in this chain, the monitor control board. Small board located in the monitor frame. Has both ribbons running to it, a comm line &amp; power. That may be the problem. Most centers don't have spares of these, just swap one from another lane &amp; see what happens. The monitors have a small relay in them activated by this board - never seen one go bad, but heck, nuthin surprises me anymore [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Kat, ooops forgot about mentioning the coax for the TV! Jbees is right, I have seen a CWC do this before as well... Did I mention, NOTHING surprises me anymore? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] :p (He!!, I JUST got back from Vegas....)

Comment

The master has returned! Hope ya had a good trip wb, with you and JBEES I know I'll get everything as it should be. Welcome back bud! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks, Rep! Was hoping to have a framed photo of me with one of them HUGE checks, but nope...nuts...oh well, needed a break &amp; got BROKE.... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

lol, sorry to hear Vegas wasn't so kind to you $ wise, but it was a well earned break I'm sure [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] This monitor thing is gonna be ugly, I think there's about 10 that just go totally blank when the set to TV. I made up a list tonight, I guess I'm gonna attack em one at a time

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse