Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACCUSCORE FRONT DESK STILL DOWN, HELP ANYONE?

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daforshey
    replied
    Re: ACCUSCORE FRONT DESK STILL DOWN, HELP ANYONE?

i will check these with a fine tooth comb. problem keeps pointing to a cable problem, although we checked the cables with an ohm meter they could still be bad i guess. going to replace all comm cables an check

Leave a comment:

• Mike Stalker
    replied

I have been called more times then I can remember to front desk problems which ended up to be opens in ribbon cables or broken pins in plugs which were unplugged due to routine maintenance.

Once or twice a year most good mechs will break down the LIU for cleaning.

daforshey: if the above cleaning senerio has taken place then inside the liu there will be extra plugs and internal ribbon cables. (unless you have 80 lanes) Try changing one of the spares with the front desk CPU board.

I have come across opens in every cable that leaves or enters the LIU; could this be your problem too?

Leave a comment:

• Programmer
    replied

ok.. if the leds next 2 the small ribbon cable never blink then it is not receiving data. First do you have the boards in the correct slots.
    Power Board
    CPU Board
    Option Board
    then lane cards
    You may not have an option board this was used for the customer pole display and if the cpu board is moved a slot over i do not think it will work. So no option board then you should have a blank space before lane cards.
    If the boards are in the proper order, then try a different CPU board.
    Switch position was slide up, switch down.
    Also on the CPU board there is a big red led, this should be blinking once per second, if its does not blink then cpu board is bad.

Again, feel free to give me a call if you need more help.

Kind Regards,
    Dave
    800-922-9559 ext. 32

Leave a comment:

• daforshey
    replied

just the u file and root back-up, didn't get the full software load tapes

Leave a comment:

• Ted
    replied

Do you have a full software load set you can use in the tape drive?

Leave a comment:

• daforshey
    replied

sorry had to go out of town all weekend, just got back. dave ,i switched the switch you spoke about with no sucess, the led you refer to don't flash. i have checked the cable from the front terminal to liu for resistence and is ok. also did the cable from the liu to the back office. also the octapus cable. changed the home run box. we have changed the liu box itself and all the boards, although not 100% sure the liu boxes we tried and the boards were ok[ but the odds of every part having the same problem as astanomical] everything is plugged in right also
    help anybody??????
    deane

Leave a comment:

• Ted
    replied

You can view (or print) the config to see where things are supposed to be plugged in, you just have to cypher the xenix/computone port assignments.
    They start with 0, then 1,2,3 etc.
    The computone (silver) box ports are stamped, if it is a serial board with the RJ11 ports, they should have a paper label.

BUT - if you have some functions, I still suspect software. Most of the time if a port is bad, it's not intermittant.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Stafford (JBEES)
    replied

The LIU cable plugs into your home run box in the back office. There is a cable that plugs into the home run box where it is labled LIU. It looks like a phone cable. Follow it to your CPU and be sure it is plugged in correctly. Depending on your setup, this could be at a Computone block or into another connector that eventually goes into the back of your CPU. Had a center recently that had moved the cables where they plug into the back of the CPU...they were trying to trouble shoot the system and didn't write anything down and ended up plugging things in where ever they thought they belonged. They thought wrong... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Programmer
    replied

All of the functions you mention indicate no comms to the liu. On the liu cpu board there is a little switch next to the small ribbon cable, try switching this. This switch would put the cpu board into a loopback mode. correct switch position depended on type of switch, so flip it if it has no affect switch back. There is also 2 small leds (red,yellow) next to the small ribbon cable, they will flicker with comms.. Do either of them flash?
    Feel free to give me a call if you are still stuck.

Kind Regards,
    Dave
    800-922-9559 Ext. 32

Leave a comment:

• Ted
    replied

Ouch,
    Well, do you have a system back-up tape?
    I'd use it if the adv is not sending the display parameters correctly to the terminal. Sounds like the comm is OK.
    Maybe a bad file in the avdantage that needs overwritten.

Leave a comment:

• daforshey
    replied

yes we set those valueswhen terminal was intalled, problem was there before and after

Leave a comment:

• billman
    replied

Have you checked your front desk operating parameters? these need to be set when installing a new monitor and can cause all kinds of grief if not set correctly. I think I still have a copy of the values that need to be set at the front desk. I will see if I can find them.

billman

Leave a comment:

• daforshey
    started a topic ACCUSCORE FRONT DESK STILL DOWN, HELP ANYONE?

ACCUSCORE FRONT DESK STILL DOWN, HELP ANYONE?

Grabbing for straws here to try to find a answer to our ongoing problem. we still have no control of a couple of front desk functions, opening the cash drawer and to turn on the pinspotters. all other fetures are functional from there though. we also have a all white screen on the lane coloum side. we have checked the comm cables from the terminal to the liu, and from the liu to back office, all are good. have replaced the liu box and circuit boards. also replaced the terminal. have checked the serial port and it is also functional. anyone seen this problem before and would have any ideas?

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse