Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACCUSCORE FRONT DESK STILL DOWN , HELP PLEASE

Ok here is the problem all over again, 4 weeks later and still no resolve. we lost the abality to turn the pinspotters on and the ability to open cash drawer[ with out the key]. the whole lane status sceen is highlight which i am told it means no comm with liu. we have changed all the comm cables between the front terminal and the back office advantage. we have changed the cpu and the power boards in the liu, also changed the liu box. nicole from amf checked the ba ck office program and changed the computone port for the liu from its orignal port to the back office printer port and vis-versa. home run box also changed. does anyone have an intellegent idea for us to try. was mectioned today of possible internal card in the advantage bad, the one where the j2 cable from the home run box connects. if that is possible is there a way of checking this. HEY DEB, ANY THOUGHTS ON YOUR END WE'RE GOING IN CIRCLES HERE
    short of dynomite, any thoughts from anyone

Re: ACCUSCORE FRONT DESK STILL DOWN , HELP PLEASE

Deane, I can think of only one other thing on the Advantage end: the device reads might be timing out. Check the LIU operational parameters. The usual values are:
    <ul>[*]Polling period (in secs) for changes = 5[*]Polling period (in secs) for all devices = 60[*]Seconds to wait for LIU response = 2[/list]
    You could try increasing the timeout (seconds to wait) little by little. I hope this helps.

Comment

and how do i do this

Comment

SPF, Operational Parameters, LIU parameters.

Comment

I too have Advantage back office, running 7350 CWCs, version 5.32 EPROMs. Deb, what you are describing, could this speed up communications to the back? My Advantage system seems like it runs slow, much slower than the Accudesk system at my Dad's center.
          Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

toon, increasing the timeout will not speed up communications. LIU I/O completes in less than 2 seconds when things are working correctly. If there’s a problem, increasing the timeout will actually slow things down: the system will wait longer on each read.

In Deane’s case, I had him turn on some debug and was able to determine that the LIU never comes online. His system can open the connection to the LIU, but either the first write asking for data fails or the first read to receive data times out. I need more debug than exists in the code to figure out which. In either case, I think the problem is external to the Advantage. All the other devices on the serial multiport board work. The printer still works and the LIU still doesn’t after swapping the two ports. The LIU is not responding. Increasing the read timeout is simply the last thing I can think of to try on the Advantage side.

In your case, there are XENIX housekeeping chores that can improve Advantage system performance. There’s a lot of disk I/O originating in both the operating system and the application. I’ll have to dig up my notes and get back to you on this one (sorry, but it won’t be right away).

Comment

do you have any functions @ the front desk computer.
              if not what kind of monitor do you have and have you gone through the set up for it.
              peter senf

Comment

deb, what about the comm card someone had spoke to me about[the one below the computone board], sorry for the lack of a specific name.
                psenf, we have all functions from the front desk except the pinspotters on and off and opening the cash drawer,thank god when they installed the system they didn't remove the managers control box, we can manually turn on the lanes. we have set the parameters for the front terminal.

Comment

Deane, you’re referring to the QuaTech SCB-1050 (maybe 1040 in very early systems). This is an RS485 board used for communication with AccuScore II and Plus (not I and not XL). It has nothing to do with the LIU.

I thought of another thing on the hardware side. As I've posted before, I'm not too familiar with runtime installations. When I had an LIU in my lab there was a level converter to convert between RS232 (the serial multiport board) and RS422 (the LIU). It connected at the LIU end of the cable. Do you have anything like that? If you answer "no" assume you don't need it since the system was working fine before this trouble started. If “yes,” have you changed it out?

Comment

then it does sound like you have a cable issue ,
                    home run box, or bad port.
                    the cabeles you replaced if cat 5 cables make sure the original cable is a straight through or cross over cable. also if you replaced a 15 or 25 pin cable it must be made by amf because they are proprietary.check with ohm meter to make sure cables are good .
                    change haome run box with a won that you know that works if possible.
                    last tech support should be able to dial in and change ports and test ports.
                    If nothing else works let me know and maybe i can call my friends @ vantage and give you an alternative solution or get extra help
                    peter senf

Comment

Deane has replaced the cables - all of 'em.

Deane, H.R. box is on the way. My phone has been out since I talked to you yesterday.

TTYL,
                      Jon
                      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

deb, no addapter.

Comment

In the lab I had a direct connection to the LIU. I'm guessing your level conversion is handled in the home run box; never had one to work with.

Comment

Someone switch the loop back switch on the CPU card?
                            Should be down!
                            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

switch is down ted, any other idea's

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse