Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuscore Plus Commnication issue

We are having a communication issue from the front desk to the cwc. The communication light for the eprom at the front desk cwc isn't blinking. Changed the counter cwc, changed the eprom at the counter cwc, terminal was replaced last summer. Gold accudesk box was replaced last summer. We are currently running in stand alone mode. Any suggestions? I am all out of what to swap.

Re: Accuscore Plus Commnication issue

Sounds like a bad CWC somewhere in back. Try unplugging the comm line after 1&2 in the back. If the comm light comes on, try plugging 3&4 back in, and so on until you find the bad CWC.
    Keep us posted!
    Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

This looks like a job for "super deb"

billman
      let me be myself

Comment

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Bill, but this is a hardware problem. Need to do as toon said: find the bad scorer CWC.

Comment

If I recall, At the end of your com line in back is a "terminator". It is in the comm port on the last CWC in the comm chain. Try moving the terminator to the first CWC in the chain, and see if you get comm to the front desk. Then go to the second, third, ect. This way you can find the bad CWC. I hope this helps some. (been awhile for me on Accu-score.

billman
          let me be myself

Comment

This could be several things.
            1. Bad CWC at the desk
            2. Interface box
            3. CWC(s) in the back

Check to see if you interface box is a 1 port or a 2 port version. If it has 2 comm. ports (marked J4 & J13) and you are only using one of these, move the comm. cable to the unused port, reboot the front desk and see if that helps. I'm assuming that the desk screen is coming up normal and allows you to set the center parameters, so that should eliminate the terminal. Another clue is to watch the front desk comm LED, to see if it ever flashes even if it is very briefly, if it does, chances are the problem is in a CWC for the scorers.

Did you have any storms or power surge/outage in the area when this problem cropped up?

Jon

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/
            [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
            I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

So far we tried with just the Lane 1 cwc. We still had no communication. We changed the cwc at Lane 1 we had communication for a bit. All the lanes came up with communication then they went back out again.

Comment

Have you changed out a chassis recently that could be a different series, that can play havoc with com. Was the one you put on lane 1 previously off a working pair? and have you tried it by itself? Did you leave the existing eprom in lane 1 and if not did you set the lane number. just some thoughts, still sounds like a cwc.
                formerly dunsel
                ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ITS HOW MUCH YOU CARE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by davetbird
                  So far we tried with just the Lane 1 cwc. We still had no communication. We changed the cwc at Lane 1 we had communication for a bit. All the lanes came up with communication then they went back out again.
                  I can't tell from your post if you tried doing as billman said, starting with just Lanes 1&2 connected, then reconnecting the CWCs one by one and making sure you had comm after each addition. The procedure is fully explained somewhere in this forum...

Comment

Originally posted by deb
                    Originally posted by davetbird
                    I can't tell from your post if you tried doing as billman said, starting with just Lanes 1&2 connected, then reconnecting the CWCs one by one and making sure you had comm after each addition. The procedure is fully explained somewhere in this forum...
                    True dat. Just hook up 1 & 2 and terminate the comm at that pair 1st. Also, do you have the 2 port interface box?? If so, have ya tried the other port as I mentioned b-4?

Then there is always a possible cable problem...damn mice....

Comment

I tried the number 2 port. That did not work. I tried like billman and only hooked up 1 and 2 cwc with the terminator,that did not work. I swapped a chasis from 15 and put it on lane 1 swapped the eproms and we had communication for a bit. All the lanes started to come up at the terminal. Then they all went back out again. All the chasis are the same series. I have a friednd that is going to bring over a chasis from his warehouse and we are going to start with 1 and 2 like billman suggested and see if we can make some progress.

Comment

You may just have more than 1 bad CWC on the line. It can be frustrating if that is the case! Good luck!

Comment

Ok heres a good one. If the terminator is plugged in I get no communication. If you unplug it you have communication. Could the terminator be bad? What happens if you don't have one plugged in? I hooked up all the cwc and unplugged the terminator and now I have full communication. Maybe the terminator shorted out?

Comment

Narrowing it down now. With out the terminator in we have communication however 7and 8 cwc losses communication once and a while. Moving that chasis to 15 and 16 to see if the problem moves. If so hopefully thats the bad cwc causing the problems. Still not sure about if the terminator is bad.

Comment

Could work better without a terminator. Especially in a smaller house and with a Purrfect Desk.
                              Terminator is just a 75 ohm resistor across the transmit and receive wire pairs. You can measure it with an ohn meter.
                              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse