X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• davetbird
    replied
    Re: Accuscore Plus Commnication issue

yes I have the setup information. I even checked the fuses on the side of the frontdesk chasis to see if they were bad.

Leave a comment:

• wb8yjf
    replied

Could very well be. Do you have the setup info. for the terminal?

Jon

Leave a comment:

• davetbird
    replied

Here we go again. We had communication for a day and now everything is down again including the front desk terminal. The communication light at the desk isn't even blinking a little. I have a little white box blinking on the front desk terminal thats it. The terminal when rebooted won't even ask for the center name or anything. Bad accudesk Box?

Leave a comment:

• davetbird
    replied

It looks like everything has led me back to the front desk chasis. Swapped it out. So far so good. Once again the Bowl-Tech community steps up and solves a problem. I commend you all and deeply appreciate all your help. Without you I am sure I would have started throwing stuff by this point.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• wb8yjf
    replied

Originally posted by billman
    just for giggles, Check your eproms and make sure that all have the correct lane numbers dialed in. I think I heard somewhere once a long time ago that having 2 eproms with the same numbers or 1 out of order could cause a big headache.

billman
    Billman makes a good point. Is there anyway you might have an oddball eprom? One of the weird things about having a bad CWC mixed in is that sometimes the bad one will make a good one (another pair) pop in & out of standalone. I seriously doubt the terminator is bad. Like Ted mentioned (and I forgot) some systems actually work better w/o a terminator, usually smaller centers.
    hey, ur getting close!

One other t5hing you could try is to check the power supplies in the CWC's. Pull the covers, take a digital volt meter & read the red & black wires going to the main board. If you are reading under (aprox) 4.9VDC, either the supply is croaking or the power connector is cooked. If it is the connector, it can be confirmed by moving the connector that plugs into the supply and you may see the voltage jump up to the correct value. Believe me...it IS a factor.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    Jon

Leave a comment:

• billman
    replied

just for giggles, Check your eproms and make sure that all have the correct lane numbers dialed in. I think I heard somewhere once a long time ago that having 2 eproms with the same numbers or 1 out of order could cause a big headache.

billman

Leave a comment:

• davetbird
    replied

All the chasis are 7500 red. Whats happening now is that they are all communicating but every once and a while a pair will stop communicating for a second or two. It is jumping from lane to lane with no set pattern. Does anyone know how to make a terminator? It looks like its trying to find the end somewhere but can't. Could the front desk chasis set this in motion as well?

Leave a comment:

• 8270king
    replied

Alright since all the "gurus" have responded I will give you my $.02..... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Check the model number on each chassis.......the 7500 should be at the beginning of the series of CWC....followed by the 7350 and 7150 respectively.

Also if all are 7500 try not to mix red and black models or put them in series.....red 1st if I am correct.

Leave a comment:

• toon30s
    replied

Keep at it, you will find the problem CWC!

As a side note, I have the Accudesk (CWC up front under the desk) and I do not use the terminator plug. I also have an Advantage desk system, but when I ran it, I did have to use it.

Leave a comment:

• davetbird
    replied

I have comminication for all the cwc however every now and then a cwc will stop communicating then it will come back up. Its bouncing all over the center. Im trying a couple cwc plugged in at a time if they stay communicating then I will add another cwc till I find the bad one or ones.

Leave a comment:

• Ted
    replied

Could work better without a terminator. Especially in a smaller house and with a Purrfect Desk.
    Terminator is just a 75 ohm resistor across the transmit and receive wire pairs. You can measure it with an ohn meter.

Leave a comment:

• davetbird
    replied

Narrowing it down now. With out the terminator in we have communication however 7and 8 cwc losses communication once and a while. Moving that chasis to 15 and 16 to see if the problem moves. If so hopefully thats the bad cwc causing the problems. Still not sure about if the terminator is bad.

Leave a comment:

• davetbird
    replied

Ok heres a good one. If the terminator is plugged in I get no communication. If you unplug it you have communication. Could the terminator be bad? What happens if you don't have one plugged in? I hooked up all the cwc and unplugged the terminator and now I have full communication. Maybe the terminator shorted out?

Leave a comment:

• wb8yjf
    replied

You may just have more than 1 bad CWC on the line. It can be frustrating if that is the case! Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• davetbird
    replied

I tried the number 2 port. That did not work. I tried like billman and only hooked up 1 and 2 cwc with the terminator,that did not work. I swapped a chasis from 15 and put it on lane 1 swapped the eproms and we had communication for a bit. All the lanes started to come up at the terminal. Then they all went back out again. All the chasis are the same series. I have a friednd that is going to bring over a chasis from his warehouse and we are going to start with 1 and 2 like billman suggested and see if we can make some progress.

Leave a comment:

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse