Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No communication with back on AMF Accuscore

I can't turn on lanes, or open my cash drawer from the front desk, but I can still cycle the lanes.
    I say we burn it down and start over

Re: No communication with back on AMF Accuscore

You should post this in the AMF scoring section. I'm assuming this is an Advantage front desk? Did you swap out the home run box?
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Comment

We have the wall curtains, but it is an advantage front desk

Comment

It's gonna be the LIU.
          The LIU handles the cash drawer and turning the machines on/off.
          The cycle command works because it's handled by the scorer.

Comment

Which board do I need to change to get it fixed. Thanks by the way

Comment

Try the CPU first. If you look at it in the dark, there are 2 LED's (1 red, 1 yellow) & they should 'flash' at times. They are HARD to see in the light (I always cup my hand over them) but they should blink every few seconds. If they do this, let us know. Plus triple check all the connections!! Did this happen after a power surge or lightning?

BTW, Deb is the Advantage GURU! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_nworthy.gif[/img] NOBODY knows more than HER - anywhere, anytime! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

As Deb said, the L.i.u. is what turns the pinsetters on/off. If you hand out a lane and the scorer comes on but the pinsetter does not this is your problem. More than likely you probably just need to turn the liu off and back on to get it to work. If you have a power surge this is common.
                formerly dunsel
                ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ITS HOW MUCH YOU CARE!!!!!

Comment

sorry WB you beat me to it, wb8yjf is right, if it is a board problem it is usely the cpu, I have also had times that if resetting the liu didnt work I could unplug the cpu board from it and back in and it would start working.
                  formerly dunsel
                  ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ITS HOW MUCH YOU CARE!!!!!

Comment

The only lights i can see are 2 red ones. One big one, and a small one. The big one flashes constantly, and the small one is solid. I cant see if the yellow one is on. Ive tried shutting it off then restarting the computer. We replaced all 5 boards and then changed them back. When we changed them and turned the LIU back on certain lanes would come on and continusly cycle. All the connection seem to be solid.

Comment

Whenever I run into communications issues, I like to start with cold starting the curtain wall chassises because it is usually a power surge or outage that triggers it. From there I crash the whole system. Turn off the LIU and then take down the CPU. wait a few minutes then bring up the CPU and turn the LIU back on. Cold start again, and usually it works.

However last time I ran into a communication issue ended up having to replace the Home Run cable and my terminator plug.
                      3 leftover nuts and 5 leftover washers... but it's running.

Comment

Does the back computer have any communication with the liu that would keep it from turning on lanes or opening the cash drawer?

Comment

All comm comes from the BO computer, the front desk is just a terminal displaying what the BO computer wants it to. Commands from the FD terminal are actually being executed by the BO computer.
                          The LIU cable carries seperated comm from the BO for the #1 terminal, #2 terminal, LIU commands and scores printer .
                          Within the LIU comm, there is data for cash drawer 1 and 2, pole display 1 and 2, machine state and on/off.
                          Think of the FD #1 and #2 terminal communications as just passing through the LIU connections, not being used within the LIU. Thats why the terminal(s) will work even if the LIU is turned off. But the cash drawers wont open.
                          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Just wanted to update on the communication problem. We did get it fixed by changing the homerun box out. I want to say thank you for all the advice.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse