Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer issue on Advantage...

I have an Okidata 321 back office printer that is printing 132 characters instead of 80 in 1 single line. Is this a setting in the printer or is this in the Advantage computer?

Any help getting us back to 80 characters would be appreciated.
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Re: Printer issue on Advantage...

Deb can figure that one out for ya Steve.
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Hold in the 'shift' button then the 'SEL' button. This will turn on the menu light. Then press 'print' button on the front printer panel and you'll get the list or current settings.
      Th change one, press the group button until you see the one to change and then press the item to see the items in the group, then pressing 'set' will change them one at a time until you see the correct setting. IE. Once in set, press it many times to see all the possible settings and stop at the right one.
      I just did it on my 320 but didn't see the width, only got page length. So all this I just went through might be for naught, and Deb will (or should) step in to confirm my ignorance.

The emulation shouild be Epson FX.
      The type should be utility.
      Press, as I recall, 'SEL' to get out of the menu.
      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Got all the settings on the printer...and there doesn't seem to be anything there. The more I look at the page, the more I think it is a setting in the Advantage system. But where...?? It is printing 80 characters on the actual page...but it is sending the report as 132 characters wide...so it over-prints the actual 8 1/2 inch page. So it must be in the Advantage settings...right? Deb would no doubt know.

Thanks so far for the ideas.
        Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Try sending a print job to it from the front desk. You can select the printer for a job that will revert back to the original after that print job.
          By the way, the 321, being a 132 column printer, does have to be sent a different command set to print only 80 as in the Oki 320. So, as alluded to, it must be in the software.
          Have you tried turning it off, restart advantage, then turn it back on and print?
          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

First check Special Functions -> Operational Parameters -> Printer Parameters. This is where you indicate whether or not the printer is "wide" (Y/N). If you only use 8.5" wide paper, select N(o) even if the printer is wide (OKI 321).

Then check the setup for the individual report. For example, the Combined Weekly report setup (League Maintenance -> League Definition -> Report Options -> Combined Weekly Standings Report Options) includes a field to specify "Print on wide paper?" (Y/N).

You may then need to go into the setup for each individual section of the report and review the column selections. If the printer was set to wide, you may have more columns selected than will fit on 8.5" wide paper. (Which it sounds like you do.)

Comment

Printer parameters under operational parameters solved the issue...thanks Deb...saved the day again. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
              Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse