Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Accuscore Plus Without Front Desk??

There is a local center that currently has an Accuscore system without overhead monitors. It just has the two monitors next to the keypads at the console. I'm not sure if it is Accuscore Plus or Accuscore XL or what type of Accuscore because the CWC's just say Accuscore. The model #'s of the chassis end in 7500.

Anyway, they want to upgrade a bit to overhead monitors without the console monitors. We would be getting them used from a center that is getting rid of their Accuscore +. My question is this:

Currently, the center that wants to upgrade their scoring has NO front desk system or computer whatsoever. All scoring function is performed at the consoles. They would like to keep it that way with the upgraded scoring. They have no problem with not using a front desk system and they don't really want one. The center we are getting the used overhead monitors and stuff from uses the Advantage front desk system. Is it possible to use the scoring from them and make it so it doesn't use any front desk system? I don't know much about this subject, so maybe it's a simple thing?

Louie
    Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Re: Use Accuscore Plus Without Front Desk??

With Accuscore Plus you can still run the system the way it is now. Just make sure all of the cables are the right ones and if you take out the lower unit what are u going to do for a keyboard?
    Steve H

Comment

Thats Accuscore plus. CWC 232-007-500. Are you getting the bowler terminal consoles as well? What version of software are you using now and what are they using at the other house (look at the EPROM module) The software will make a difference. You should have something like "SLB" something.

It doesn't matter if the other system has a front desk (Advantage) system, you will just be operating the scorers in 'stand-alone' mode, ie: all the scoring commands & functions are typed into the CWC at the bowlers terminal console. The only problem I can think about at this time is that the 'lowboy' model they have now (13" monitors at the console) is that to use the uppers you will have to get the monitor control boards that come with the uppers. This is the board that breaks out the video from the CWC to the 2 monitors. The lowboy model has 2 cables that aren't compatible with the upper monitors, the overhead CRT's should have the correct board inside the housing. Other than that you should be good to go. BTW, what mfgr. are the upper monitors? Zenith or Wells Gardner?

I hope I'm not forgetting anything, but happy hour ended an hour ago... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/143.gif[/img]

Jon
      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

We are getting everything except the front desk system. The overhead monitors, bowlers consoles, CWC's, cables, etc...

What would be easier? Just completely change out the CWC's or should we just swap the video boards in the existing CWC's?

Sorry, but don't know what model number or EPROM version we are getting. Where is the EPROM chip located? Also don't know what brand of monitors we are getting.

So, would this upgrade be pretty easy? Do we just have to mount the overhead monitors and run the cables to the back for the monitors? Should the existing cables going to the consoles be compatible with the new monitorless consoles?

Also, what has to be done to switch it to "Stand-Alone" mode?

Just wondering if this would be an easy do-it-yourself job or if we should seek someone with more scoring experience to do it? It doesn't sound too tough since they already have Accuscore in place.

The main reason they are switching is because the small console monitors are always going bad and they are expensive. They were also told that the monitors are getting harder to find and going obsolete. Don't know if it's true or not though?

Thanks.

Louie

Comment

You can use the existing CWC's.

You just need reprogrammed EPROMS for upper and lower monitors.

If there is no communications cables it is in stand alone mode automatically.

The small console monitors are available brand new in digital for under $150 from WG.

All ours now have the same color throughout the house on A-l in 15 years.

You need 110V in the ceiling and a way to hang the monitors.

I would not put CRT monitors above under any circumstance.

Hang LCD's and use a converter.

Comment

As always, answers bring up more questions.

1. Please elaborate on the "Reprogrammed EPROMS". How do we get them reprogrammed? Or can we just switch chips? Or maybe it is easier to just swap out the whole CWC?

2. What is this "WG" that sells the monitors?

Louie

Comment

If you pull the EPROM modules out of the CWC (the module has 3 lights on it, red, green, and sorta red, there are labels on the chips on that module. There are different versions of software for different configurations. If you are running them in standalone mode, you won't need the cables that plug into J2, J3, or J4 on the CWC. The lowboy version (what ya have now), has 2 keypads for each pair, the overhead version only has a single keypad. This is actually good for you as you will end up with an extra bowler terminal PCB when you convert. Examples of 'lowboy' software in the CWC usually have a 'SLB ###' on the labels. Overhead versions have a variety of versions, like 'SAS ###,'I agree with King, the overhead monitors are a pain in the butt. They are heavy, and you should have a scaffold to change them when they go bad. AMF has a conversion for LCD's, but it is pricey as it has to be purchased as a package - about $4K per pair, BUT it sure beats having to lug a 90lb monitor out of the air!

Wells Gardner monitors should have a Wells Gardner label on the monitor chassis. You can tell if they are W-G monitors if they have one 'main' PC board under the tube. Zenith monitors are (IMHO) more reliable and easier to troubleshoot. There are 'hybrids' out there that have a W-G chassis and a Zenith picture tube, basically its a W-G monitor.

I'm sending you a P.M.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Louie_IV

The main reason they are switching is because the small console monitors are always going bad and they are expensive. They were also told that the monitors are getting harder to find and going obsolete. Don't know if it's true or not though?

Louie
                Not to burst your bubble, but the overhead monitors are obsolete also - you can get them fixed but it is getting harder...

Comment

Originally posted by smalltownguy
                  Not to burst your bubble, but the overhead monitors are obsolete also - you can get them fixed but it is getting harder...
                  I had wondered this very thing. But, if they are both obsolete, then I guess it doesn't really matter which one they have. They would rather have overhead monitors anyway. They are going to be getting 2 spare monitors and it's only an 8-lane center, but I don't know how long those 2 are going to last??

Louie

Comment

Used monitors should become more available as people switch to LCDs.

Comment

Louie...can I ask who??? Send me a PM.
                      I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

I know where another used Purrfect Desk is. Only 6 months old.
                        PM me if you want to know who to contact.
                        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

To answer the EPROM questions, there are two flavors: SAS and SLB.

SAS is for single keyboard bowler consoles with upper monitors.

SLB (aka Low boy) is for dual keyboard consoles. SLB always has lower montors. Uppers can be added with no EPROM change.

Configurations: http://www.bowlaway.com/asp_all..jpg

Comment

Is that YOU bowling on lane 12, Deb?

Comment

Originally posted by wb8yjf
                              Is that YOU bowling on lane 12, Deb?
                              No, I think it's the person sitting at the back office computer trying to clean things up.
                              "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse