Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Front Desk Repair

Need help ... newly purchased center ... front desk computer for AccuScore+ not working. Sent it off back in June to company who installed scoring and they are now sending it back claiming they do not have time to work on it. Front dest monitor will not come on (only buzzes). Can any computer repair person fix this or does it need to do to someone who knows AccuScore front desk? Would appreciate suggestions on someone who can do this repair if it indeed needs to be an AccuScore person. Thanks!

Re: Need Front Desk Repair

I'd start by making sure the monitor itself is good. What model is it?

We also need to know what kind of front desk you have.

Given your description of the front desk monitor only buzzing, I'm guessing it's AccuDesk, not a PC based system. Does it look like a AccuScore CWC? If that's the case, you can start by swapping it with one of your known good AccuScores. Just remember to swap the EPROM modules to see if the problem follows the chassis. If the problem stays at the front desk, it could be the EPROM module or the AccuDesk Interface box. In either case, yes, you'd need an AccuScore / Electronics repair person like Jon Severt (BT member wb8yjf).

Also, please tell us who installed it.

Comment

Deb ... thanks for the input ... I have determined front desk terminal is dead. And, yes, I do have AccuDesk and AccuScore CWC. I just posted in parts wanted to see if anyone has a terminal available to get me through the year. Let me know if you know where I can find one. Thanks.

Comment

What is the make/model of the front desk terminal? WYSE WY-520?

Jon
        I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Originally posted by wb8yjf
          What is the make/model of the front desk terminal?
          If you have a WY-85 and you get a later model terminal (185, 285, 520, etc.), you'll also need a replacement keyboard. The WY85 Gate Array keyboard only works with the WY-85.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse