Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantage Front Desk Printer

Hello All (especially Deb),

We have AccuScore+ w/Advantage back office. Have a printer upstairs and one at the desk. Saturday night, the desk printer was somehow disabled. I was able to "enable" it again Monday (today) with some troubleshooting and changing the enable/disable option, but I would like to know if it is possible for the option to be changed at the desk by a desk person hitting a wrong key or set of keys?
    If that is not possible, I would like to know how this happens? Thanks in advanced.

Leyton
    Leyton at Tahoe

Anybody have ANY ideas??
    Leyton at Tahoe

Comment

To enable the printer:
      At your root prompt, type enable TicketPr1
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Thanks Kat, but I have already got the issue fixed. I just need to know how it got changed to "disable", as I would like to avoid this problem in the future. Is there a way a desk person could hit a key or combination of keys to change the option to disable? Inquiring minds want to know. TIA
        Leyton at Tahoe

Comment

Sorry for showing up so late.

The operating system disables the printer for certain problems. One reason is when there's a problem writing to the port. Could be an intermittent hardware issue.

One thing that happens operationally is that people turn the printer off to stop tickets from printing. If the printer is left off, the print queue will continue to fill. Eventually the request directory becomes too large and creates problems. I know it's not a great solution, but it's better to disconnect the cable from the printer without turning it off. This way the OS keeps sending the tickets, and all those bits just fly off into the ether instead of wasting paper. (They used to fall into a bucket.)

I'll search my old posts about printers to see if there's anything new I can add. (Not sure if I ever explained why those "phantom" tickets are printing in the first place.)

Comment

Originally posted by deb View Post
            The operating system disables the printer for certain problems. One reason is when there's a problem writing to the port. Could be an intermittent hardware issue.
            Hi Deb and thanks for the response. Well, at least I don't have to chew out our desk people for being careless with their key strokes. We do have a loose fitting serial adapter card (Okidata 320) that I have to reseat every so often. Could that do it? Do you have any suggestions to tighten up the fitting?

On a side note, just wondering if there was any progress on the sweeper addon for Advantage? TIA
            Leyton at Tahoe

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse