Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuscore XL machine interface

I have a wiring harness coming from the MI which is configured for scoring only for an 82/70, no ability for short cycles. Does anyone have a wiring schematic for the pins on the actual MI so I can add short cycle (-,7,10 pickoff and strike mode)
    If it can't be fixed with a hammer, try a bowling pin! They're heavier and more surface area for whacking!

The wiring is already within the universal cable. You simply have to pin in the 3 wires into the machine interface side of the AMP connector. The scoring always sends pin fall data. Whether or not you utilize it depends on the machine and upgrades you've installed on them.
    So, male pins (same as the C1A), can be added to the machine side of the cable in these positions:
    #13 is data
    #14 is clock
    #15 is common

then, on the chassis side, these wire inputs will depend on the specific chassis you have, and the conversion board installed.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Thanks for the information. My wiring harness does not have pins 13-15. I will have to add some wires (see attached schematic below.) Also, I am having a problem with my camera reading all strikes (accucam 3000.) The camera adaptor has an input for pinspotter. Do I need to plug something into this for an 82/70?

accuscore harness wiring.jpg
      If it can't be fixed with a hammer, try a bowling pin! They're heavier and more surface area for whacking!

Comment

The drawing above is the 82-70 specific machine connector to the universal cable. On the black plastic AMP connector that this cable plugs into, you'll find the open spots for the pinout I described. Note, there are About 16 connections for the standard 82-70. The MP cable has the other connections that pin into the same place in the black AMP commector as the SS chassis cable when you have the expander card (or equivelant).AS+ MP cable.jpg

Comment

Would you be able to email that document to me in a private message? It's really blurry when I enlarge it.

Comment

Remove the clamp on this connector and unscrew it from the base.
            In here, you'll see the open positions 13, 14 and 15. 13=clock, 14=data and 15 = ground.
            This is where the 3 conductor wire from your chassis expander board will pin in. You have to have either SS chassis with a scoring input expander card, or an MP or Zot chassis.
            The camera output for 'pinspotter' is if you have 82-90 or higher. You can't plug anything in to here.
            AS+ MP cable connector.jpg

Comment

Hi Ted, sorry for the delayed response, its been crazy. Would you happen to have the electronic specs in regards to the machine control circuit. I am working on a non-AMF pinsetter, but it functions just like an AMF including sweep reverse and strike short cycle. The pinsetter works all on relays (with the exception of a 3 second table delay circuit upon cycle.) I need the specs so I can design an electronic interface to connect to the relay circuit for sweep reverse/ strike short cycle. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Comment

AMF worked on converting the pin fall data sent from all their scoring to relay closures for the overseas pinspotters that needed switch closure for strike and gutter, chiefly VIA, Xima and Volmore. they never implemented it, so you are going to have to trap the serial communications out of these scoring connections, and design the circuitry to have relative switch closures with certain pin counts.

Comment

Do you know if AMF has an interface for the 82-70A? I could probably make that work, it looks like 82-70A was just a series of relays.

Comment

If there was an interface to the A, it would have been with Magic Score. I know it exists with SS Elco, but not sure it was ever compatable with the stepper chassis. This would have been during the era where scoring was being engineered into the control of the machine. I suspect there has been conversation as to where do we begin to interface the pin fall data into the control of the 'smart' machine. I have a feeling it wasn't with A or B model 70s, but with the advent of a 'SolidState' chassis. And only made part of the logic circuitry is the SS or later chassis. Just my guess.

Comment

I'll add that the scoring would work, just not have the quick cycle functions for gutters and strikes.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse