Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accuscore plus standalone mode

is there a way to view past games. We had to use standalone tonight and a bowler broke the bank. And i only have a the last 2 games. any way to pull up the first game?

Thanks,
    CODY

I do not think so.....

I hope you checked he screen each game

Comment

I didn't, we didn't know about it until we heard people talking about it in the 2nd game so i took picture with my cell phone. i got the 2nd and 3rd.
      I have no doubt that it was hit. And most everyone knew he was shooting for it. The entire center was watching him the 3rd game. I just don't like Not being able to provide black and white proof.

Comment

What scorer software (EPROM) version are you running? Older versions (before 8 bowler grid and 40 frame game) had a game stack that stored more than 3 games.

Comment

I thought the eprom stored 8 games....but you needed Accudesk to view it

Comment

We are using Purrfect Desk. Its the newer version of eprom.

Comment

I would also like some input. We were one of the beta test centers for purrfect score. Back in 97 or 98. yager bowling installed accuscore. I have updated from the black cwc to the red cwc, and updated eproms. Over the years we have had several problems with the isa lane card that connects the scoring to the pc. Every time we have a problem dave from purrfect score fixes us up. But is there a better, more reliable front desk system? What we are using is nice. It has point of sale and everything we need. Its just old. I would think there has to be a newer way to connect the front desk computer to the scoring system?

Comment

You still have Eproms in your CWC in the back

Purrfect Desk is the industry standard front desk replacement..... they are well respected.

Comment

I am Yager, I installed your system, and trained the desk folks. There were 3 versions of CWC when we installed 7150, 7350 and 7500. I arranged them in order for comm, and things worked. Granted, as Purrfect Desk evolved, the communications to the CWC changed and improved. I can stop by to see what is going on, and report to Dave to see if there is anything that can be improved. The ISA card that is in your front desk is what everyone got at that time. Now, the scorer comm goes through a separate USB box called the S (scorer) I (interface) U (unit). And the ISA card, although current technology at the time, is not available on newer motherboards now, and should be upgraded (read bite the bullet for new hardware) to the SIU box.
                  I, for one, am totally saddened that Purrfect Desk isn't marketed any more. It was (in the few years after your install) a really solid interface to not only AS+, but all the Brunswick systems as well as Accuscore XL and BOSS. The support for your system is there, but the folks have to be pushed a bit to get a full upgrade without going the Conqueror Universal route. I'd certainly push for a system update as I feel it was one of the most solid and user friendly update to the legacy systems.
                  This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                    The support for your system is there, but the folks have to be pushed a bit to get a full upgrade without going the Conqueror Universal route.
                    IMO Push for the full upgrade. I keep hearing that centers are not happy with the Conqueror Universal / AccuScore Plus combination, and that they wish they had kept their old system.

Comment

Hi Winchester Bowl,

Please check your Private Messages.

Thanks
                      Just a thought....

Comment

Ted, i remember when you guys installed all of this scoring. I was working here as a pin boy at that time. Since then I have updated the bowler console and motitors. We now have the c-90 setup. The old stuff was the spectrum i think. All i really did was fall into some monitors and cwc's. So i swapped them out for bigger monitors and newer cwc's. Everything is working fine now. My worry is when my lane card quits again, what's the next move since purrfect score isn't available. I'm not familiar with this update to usb your are talking about. Also just a few things that don't work on our system. It was never setup with a receipt printer. So we still hand write all of our receipts. We don't have a pole display (which really is not a big deal) we had one and it quit years ago. A lot of the features of purrfect score don't work. None of the advertising on the monitors, which again still not a huge deal. On a old post i was aking for help with x cycle during practice. which i learned was a programing mistake in the eprom? Which i know is nothing to do with purrfect desk. Several of the small options such as adding a name from the desk to a lane that already has names on the screen. It doesn't work properly. Again we have the beta version still. Still running windows 2000. which i learned is no longer supported by microsoft. Just several little things that a customer wouldn't really know otherwise. Just things that i feel should work properly. I mean its 2012 and we still hand write receipts for league payment and merchandise sales. I've installed a epson thermal printer, and have the program settings set up for purrfect desk to promp for a receipt, but nothing happens. I'm just ready for a upgrade of some kind. Or fix the petty stuff on this one that doesn't work. It has been a reliable system for nearly 14 years. The computer is just old, outdated.

Comment

Ken can fix that too!
                          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse