I know there have been threads in the past...and I read them
    My system:
    1. Accudesk
    2. Lowboy monitors only
    3. Intelligent machine - 70 with expander

What I want:
    1. Short cycle on 12th ball - no rerack

Question:
    1. If I am in the back testing a chassis now....scorer off....I get short X and sweep reverse - Will I lose that with 5.32?
    2. I could care less about a short cycle during practice - will 5.32 work with Accudesk?
    3. Is there another version that gives you short cycle on the 12th ball?

Thanks in advance to all guru's for their brains being exercised in this matter

Maybe I'm confused - when you say scorer off - you don't mean it's actually switched off - right?
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Not not switched off.....the screen(s) up front not on....but the CWC and everything would be powered....no arrows

Comment

OK that makes sense.

Comment

You will lose all short cycles with 5.32 if the play arrows aren't up on the scorers but yes you will have a short cycle on the fill ball. I'm not sure what version that was implemented in, maybe deb would know, I know it was in 5.32 but unsure if other versions had it. And as mentioned you will also lose short cycles in practice causing empty decks after strikes
          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by Rep
            ...And as mentioned you will also lose short cycles in practice causing empty decks after strikes
            Which I'm still having a problem with anyone having a problem with...

Comment

I'm far from the smartest guy here, but I have 5.32 EPROMs and they will work with AccuDesk. I had the same setup a couple of years ago but took the 5.32s out because I never could get communication on my first pair of lanes. I didn't like the help menu prompt either. Many more color choices though, LOVED that part.
              Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

With 5.32.....do you get a short cycle when you are working on a machine.....in the back...and cycle it with an empty deck

Comment

Right now my CWC will process the camera info when the SS is triggered...scorers not in open or league play.....I can test chassis without turning play arrows on

Comment

Originally posted by 8270king View Post
                    I know there have been threads in the past...and I read them
                    My system:
                    1. Accudesk
                    2. Lowboy monitors only
                    3. Intelligent machine - 70 with expander

What I want:
                    1. Short cycle on 12th ball - no rerack

Question:
                    1. If I am in the back testing a chassis now....scorer off....I get short X and sweep reverse - Will I lose that with 5.32?
                    2. I could care less about a short cycle during practice - will 5.32 work with Accudesk?
                    3. Is there another version that gives you short cycle on the 12th ball?

Thanks in advance to all guru's for their brains being exercised in this matter
                    Question 1. Yes, ANYTIME the play arrow is not up for that lane you will not get short cycles. Put it a different way, if the AccuScore says no one is up on that lane, then no reason to scan the deck and score it, right? Resulting in NO PINFALL info sent to the Expander board.

Question 2. I've only used 5.32 with Advantage, but would assume AccuDesk works with it.

Are you sure you don't care about short cycles during practice? From previous posts, I'm sure you don't have table cables. A strike during practice will result in the machine going though the old "feel for pins" and respot nothing cycle. You will have to educate your league bowlers what is going on when this happens. A HUGE headache and the reason why most don't use 5.32.

3. 99% that is a no.

I have used 5.32 for years now, if you can deal with the practice problem, it is a very good version. Unfortunately most centers cannot deal with it.

Other advantages of 5.32 include 8 player grid and many more color schemes.

Comment

With 5.32.....do you get a short cycle when you are working on a machine.....in the back...and cycle it with an empty deck
                      No. You absolutely do not. I know it is had to believe, but no pinfall info is sent in this case in 5.32. The table will go down, "feel for pins" and respot nothing, leaving it on second ball.

Not only do you not get a short cycle, unless you still have table cables, you do not get a strike cycle at all.

Comment

My issue with 5.32 would be selfish.....I would not want to turn on scoring up front to test a chassis to see if it functions all three 4 cycles - X, gutter / 7-10 pickoff, spare, RPO

I think I can live with it for the practice issue

Comment

My issue with 5.32 would be selfish.....I would not want to turn on scoring up front to test a chassis to see if it functions all three 4 cycles - X, gutter / 7-10 pickoff, spare, RPO
                          You will get used to simply starting the scoring for testing.

I think I can live with it for the practice issue
                          I'm sure you can, but it's amazing how many bowlers freak out about little things like this.

One thing I will say, you will see an instant drop in the number of 10th frame sweep hits during open play. That alone is enough for me to overlook the small issues.

Shouldn't cost too much to have Jon set you up with a set or two to play with. Not sure if you can have multiple versions in one house, but at least you could play with it in person. Maybe for the summer time.

Comment

I seen two sweep hits in the last week due to the 12th ball reset

Went in this morning for another issue and have a broken sweep (bracket) on the bench.....

The 12th ball reset accounts for 90% of our sweep hits

Comment

I'm no help with this one, I don't have expanders with my old 30s, yet.
                              Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse