Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuscore Xl Help Needed

Accuscore XL and A-2's

Have problem with lane 2 registering incorrect number of games bowled, lane 1 and all others works fine.

Generally, the number of games shown is double the actual games bowled.

Can someone explain how the number of frames & games bowled is recorded by XL and what
    the most likely problem ?

Thanks in advance

If it works fine during play, including no scoring problems with first or second ball, and the recap is incorrect, it sounds like a software issue.

Is it miscounting games at the score table, front desk or both? Did you try reloading the software to the front cpu? Other than miscoring or not scoring, I almost always reload the scoring cpu before I try anything else, and more times than not it fixes the problem. Two weeks ago I had to reset a cpu during play, and it erased the scores for the first two games, and wouldn't give arrows on one lane for the third game. I had them wait the whole 3 minutes it takes to reload the load set, and it worked fine for the third game. You can also try disconnecting the comm cable from the cpu and run in standalone and see if the problem still persists.

I pray nightly for a solid state conversion for xl.

**Edit**

If you are going to reload the loadset, reload from the floppy of your last upgrade, without the tape in the loader. If you reload the tape, and don't have the corresponding floppys to upgrade to your current version... it's a world of hurt. Then you have to contact qubica and download the updates, copy them to floppys, then load each one to get it back to your current version. Previous employee lost the tape for the base loadset, costs $900 bucks from qubica to replace it.
    Last edited by Juice; 04-18-2012, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Juice, sorry it took a while to get back.

Miscounting shows at scorer table and front desk.

I have been able to find the load set for the cpu's and have updated all of them. We have accudesk and counter and can't find the load set for it, could the floppy from the CPU load set be used?

Comment

I don't believe it is a problem with the front desk. As I understand it, the front desk retrieves the info for scores, games bowled etc. from the scoring table cpu.

The next thing I would do is swap the cpu under the scoring table with one from a different pair and see if the problem persists.

How large is your center? Is your scoring split in the middle?

Comment

Hey 5350 by chance did you figure out the problem with ur scoring? We are having the same problem with one lane at our other center that is doing the same thing as you listed.

Comment

For any XL install, if the 'o' switch or sweep switch makes a second time before the first or second ball lamp changes, it may be counting the frame, but not registering the score as the machine is still showing on the wrong ball for the scorer to count.
            I think this was fixed in the software at one time, but I can't tell you what version.
            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

It scores properly we just have a problem when customers come up to pay the system says they have bowled more than what they actually did.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach1284 View Post
                It scores properly we just have a problem when customers come up to pay the system says they have bowled more than what they actually did.
                That's what I mean. Watch the score light as the machine is cycling. If it flashes, that's where the extra is coming from.
                This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                  That's what I mean. Watch the score light as the machine is cycling. If it flashes, that's where the extra is coming from.
                  Just to clarify, Ted means the score light on the MI.

Comment

I've had this problem several times. I'm not sure how it works on A-2 but on AMF machines there is a sweep zero switch. If you have a similar switch on the A-2 replace and your problem should go away.
                    Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X