Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accu-Score not scoring correctly

I have 2 pairs of lanes that have a funny quirk to them. The install of the scoring system was done about 6 to 8 years ago, not by professional installers. I was not associated with the place when install was done, nor do I have much AMF scoring experience.

The problem: Brunswick A-2s, anytime the ball does not trigger the pit cushion to cycle the bowler must press the rest button. When the reset button is pushed the scoring system will always score it a strike, no matter what pin combinations are standing. Obviously this leads to many score corrections, since I do not have any type of automatic triggering systems and do have some men/women who use lighter balls and throw slow. This becomes a pain to them if it happens over and over again.

What is the correction to the problem here?

The camera is seeing the rake board or the deck rather than the pins - recording a strike

Fix?

I assume the scoring is using a start switch / time delay rather than a 44/144 switch

Ted will provide the rest

Comment

It has the two black "fingers" scoring switch. Good call on the rake board. That was something I did not think about, but it makes perfect sense.

Comment

There probably wasn't a relay put in the electrical box to make the machine score, on a reset button or triggering, before the rake comes down. this is why Jerry says its seeing the rake - the camera takes it's count after the rake and deck both start down at the same time on a reset button, or triggering cycle.
        You need to have the relays installed, or change the camera software to '0' delay and put in switch clusters. there are + and - to both setups, but Plus was designed for the relays in the Brunswick elec box. If there are relays on the transformer side, they aren't wired right.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

My guess is they were not wired right. The system was put in by two people who don't work on bowling machines, just people who know "computer" stuff. I'm not at all an expert when it comes to the A-2 electrical box, in fact I pretty much know very little.

I think lanes 1-2 work properly, I will try to inspect this some and see what I can figure out, and then come back here and post.

Comment

I still have this problem. I'm going to take a picture of the electrical box and post it on here and let you all figure out what I need to do and then fix these issues. It's indeed the camera seeing the rake.

Comment

Accuscore +?

If it has the tower switches (black finger scoring thingys ) you no doubt have Accuscore + but just want to be sure.

Does this scoring issue occur on second ball?

One of the things that must be correct is the delay in the time delay module on first ball. If the delay is too short...the gear box will cycle before the camera has a chance to take the score...the rake begins to fall and then the camera takes a picture when the rake is in the way. If this is the issue...you won't have the problem on second ball as there is no delay on second ball so the rake will be out of the way by the time the camera takes the picture.

When you take the pictures of the boxes...include a pic of the time delay module...inside of it. Might be able to tell something from that.

Hope that helps...
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Yes I have tower switches. I got all the cameras adjusted right now with the targets and the lane to lane guide. I just now need to tackle this reset button issue and I think that will make a world of difference to the bowlers. I'll get the info you ask for and report back asap.

Yes Accuscore +

Comment

I'm going to get the pictures tonight and post them as soon as I can get back on here.

Comment

IMG_0050.jpgIMG_0051.jpgIMG_0052.jpgIMG_0053.jpg

Here is the electrical box. I'm not too good with this area so you will have to explain it well to me.

Comment

Does this issue occur on second ball or just first ball?
                      Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Just on the 1st ball when you press the rest button. The 2nd ball works fine. I haven't noticed any 2nd ball reset button problems.

Comment

I noticed in your pictures...there are only two sets of contacts being used on the relay on the right hand side of the electrical box (as you look into the box). The relay should have three sets of contacts being used. I am guessing that the relay is not wired correctly. If you give me a call...I can walk you through the wiring to see if that is really the issue. Either that or I can send you a wiring diagram you can follow to be sure the relay is wired correctly
                          Main Event Entertainment

Comment

The wiring diagram I couldn't figure out to read unless it's simple. I know nothing about electricity diagrams. There are a few people here that might be able to help me with that but they are not bowling people. I have to look at the picture and see what you are talking about. You are talking about the cube relay correct?

The guy who wired this whole thing isn't a bowling guy either or knew anything about pinsetters/scoring. Just a guy who bowls and knows some about how to hook that stuff up. He told me there are also reset wires for the key pad that he didn't know how to wire up.

That is why this whole thing is messed up and such.

Comment

Yes...that relay. If you would like, I can send you the wiring diagrams if you let me know your e-mail. PM me if you like.
                              Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X