Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Weather = Misscores?

Curious if anyone else has this problem.....

AMF BOSS Scoring w/ the 'gold' accuscore cameras, 82-70 MP's.

I have a few pairs of lanes that have no issues during fall, winter & spring, but as soon as we get to the hot humid summer temps they will start seeing gost pins. I can move the cameras to another pair and it will score fine, but then a known good camera will see ghosts on the original pair. It goes on all summer, then as soon as we get into cooler temps, everything is fine.

Does heat & humidity affect the scoring?

Pete

Pete, I have Mendes and the sensitivity adj. can't be too high or when the hot weather comes(everybodys air running) and the power dips just a bit, the camera will get too high and see false pins.

Comment

Since the issue is always on the same pair regardless of which camera is there...I would suspect something in the pinspotter causing the camera to see "something". Maybe the heat of the summer causes the curtain to form a wrinkle or bubble.

I know this would be a pain...but maybe moving a curtain/cushion combo from the lane that is misscoring to another lane to see if the issue follows the curtain/cushion. Just a thought...
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Do you have any windows behind your machines?

Is the sun shining through them in summer and then through the gap between the curtain and kickback causing the camera to see ghost pins?

The centre I worked at years ago had this problem when they installed their first automatic scorers (Brunswick AS-80's) in the mid 1980's. We ended up having to board up the 3 windows behind the machines.

Took us a while to figure out why the lanes near the windows were only misscoring in the late afternoon/evening and only in summer.

Comment

Great point Carl...I had some foul lights at a certain center not too long ago that would act up during certain parts of the year. We found out when a door was opened (mirrored window tint), the reflection off the window tint would shine onto the foul light units and set them off. Took us a few years to catch on as the angle of the sun was only correct for just a few days and then the reflection would not reach the foul lights or it would shine down the lane.
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

To add to Carl and Steve's post do you have the sun shining in from the front into the pit causing the cameras to pick up shiny spots on pit curtains, I had problems at the last center I was at and twice a year we would have miss scoring problems during the morning leagues and as the it got later in the morning the scoring problem mover lanes and never gave ant problems during night leagues. It was the sun shining in the front doors.
            For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. There are no windows/doors in back. I have checked for shiney spots, swapped cushions etc. It's just a strange problem. If its hot & humid one day, here come the ghost pins. Cooler and drier the next and all is well. Every summer for maybe 5 years now. Last summer I even sent the camera in to amf for exchange. Put the one I received on one of the pairs with the "ghosts". Still had the problem. When temperature cooled down in the fall, problem stopped. Now with the few hot & humid days we've had so far this year, problem has shown up on those pairs again. It's not continuous either. It will be fine for frames or a whole game even. Then it will ghost for a few frames in a row, then be intermittent. Weird stuff.

Pete

Comment

Like Rivmike said Mendes is known for that. Is it possible that you are getting the same issue? Can you adjust the voltage for those cameras?
                Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

With the heat and humidity in these particular spots, could you be getting a misting on the camera lens?
                  Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X