Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMF automatic scorer problems!!

I currently have 2 problems which i can't seem to be able to get to the bottom of..

1) Right hand lane, scoring fine unless only 1 or no pins are hit, in which case the second score is given as a zero, regardless of whether any pins are hit or not. Left hand lane in this case is scoring perfectly fine and spotting every pin on both shots.

2) Left hand lane, (on a different pair) only giving strikes for every shot. Right hand lane scoring fine. Camera also seems to be building up static all the time (don't know if this could affect operation of camera, earth wire checked and is fine).

For both problems I have tried, re-installing the software, changing the camera and re-booting the scorer. Any help would be much appreciated. Thankyou in advance!

What scoring do you have?
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Our scoring system is Boss 9.1 and our cameras are Accucam 3000

Comment

Static is always a problem with cameras, although I don't think this is your problem since the cameras are grounded, however - why do you say the camera 'seems to be building up static'?

You may have a lighting/reflection problem due to lights behind the machine or possibly something has been changed at the back of the pit?

Comment

Originally posted by Meusli View Post
          I currently have 2 problems which i can't seem to be able to get to the bottom of..

1) Right hand lane, scoring fine unless only 1 or no pins are hit, in which case the second score is given as a zero, regardless of whether any pins are hit or not. Left hand lane in this case is scoring perfectly fine and spotting every pin on both shots.

2) Left hand lane, (on a different pair) only giving strikes for every shot. Right hand lane scoring fine. Camera also seems to be building up static all the time (don't know if this could affect operation of camera, earth wire checked and is fine).

For both problems I have tried, re-installing the software, changing the camera and re-booting the scorer. Any help would be much appreciated. Thankyou in advance!
          Problem #1

Gutter or 7/10 pickoff on 1st ball causes it to double score, scores the second ball eventhough it hasn't been thrown yet. This is due to the sweep zero switch being closed at the end of the cycle (causing it to score again) either because the sweep is coasting or the switch is too far away from the sweep. In a typical AMF scoring installation, the sweep zero switch is mounted on the front of the 10 side of the machine and is closed when the sweep goes up and the stabilizing link lifts the switch lever. Typically they are installed too far away from the sweep which results in very little room for error, or in other words the sweep may barely lift the lever or the sweep does not have to move far at all to close it. If the sweep is not coasting what can happen when the sweep reverses on 1st ball is, as you know, the sweep reverses up slightly past zero, pauses (or not) then bumps to zero. It's this slight movement past zero that can cause the sweep zero switch to close and score again. There is a good permanent fix for this, I have tried this many times and it always works, I recommend doing this to all the machines so this problem will not happen.

Originally the sweep zero switch is installed this way, notice how far away it is from the sweep link

As you can see the sweep only needs to move a little to actuate the switch, this is what causes the problem.

The solution is to remove the switch from the machine, and flip this mounting bracket so it goes the other way...

Then re install the switch on the machine. This is important- crank the sweep to TDC then adjust the switch, in/out/up/down so that the lever is pushed as high as it will go leaving about 1/4" or so between the lever and switch body, this is to allow room so the lever does not get bounced into the switch, and also make sure the sweep will not hit the bottom of the switch. This must be done as now the sweep will be a lot closer to the switch and to prevent damage to it.

This is what it should look like, notice how much closer the switch is to the sweep, this will give it a lot more room for error before it closes the switch so when the sweep reverses up it won't score the second ball.

Problem #2

Usually when I had this happen it was a bad camera. Swapping the camera (easy to do) with another pair to see if it follows would confirm it. Otherwise if it's not because the lens is very dirty or something is blocking the pins from its view (like the sweep is too high at guard) or the light level is too low, then it may be a ground issue. These cameras can be touchy when they get zapped. The camera is properly grounded when:

-the paint is scraped off to BARE METAL where the ground connects to the camera body
          -the other end of the ground wire is connected to the metal frame of the pinspotter with the paint scraped off to BARE METAL
          - the wire is not broken

If the scoring components have been replaced on this pair (camera, CPU, MIU, BT and the switches on the BT are set for the correct pinspotter, game type, and lane numbers) and the problem stays on this lane then it must be an issue with either something blocking the pins from the camera or poor lighting levels at the pindeck. Sometimes the dip switches/rotary switches for the settings on the BT can be flaky. The one in question would be for pinspotter type. You can check it to make sure it is correct or better yet, change it to the wrong setting then change it back to the correct one, this will verify it is correct and the switch is in the proper position.

Before swapping anything else I would check these switches and the wiring at the BT first. I have seen the scoring do some crazy things when these switches are set wrong or are not at their 'proper' position.

Back to the light level, you can also try swapping the pitlight bulb with the working lane to see if that changes anything.

Comment

It builds up static in almost no time at all after re-connecting the camera. Thanks to both of you i will look into what you have told me and i shall see if it solves anything. Thanks again!

Comment

If the camera is on plastic capping that will happen, that's why the ground is needed, actually it can happen on wood capping too but plastic seems to make it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Tablejam
                If the camera is on plastic capping that will happen, that's why the ground is needed, actually it can happen on wood capping too but plastic seems to make it worse.
                I agree, but he said the cameras were grounded and the connections were checked. That being said, I'm having a problem with the cameras building up static.

Mesuli - it sounds like the ground wires to the cameras is no good. If properly grounded, static shouldn't be able to build up.

Comment

Maybe there is "paint interference" at one end.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X